close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ride to Packwood 5-25-13

Discussion in 'Yakima' started by JaredWilske6185, May 20, 2013.

1. Title says the 25th but I meant the 24th. I'm thinking about riding up to Packwood for the GIANT crap sale Friday. This will be a "Slower" ride (Within 10 mph of speed limit) as I have no interest in a speeding ticket. I'll be leaving around 11 from the Fred Meyers Parking Lot. Any interest in joining me?

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  2. Texasl

Texasl Totally Charming Retired Moderator

Be advised that there is road construction up by Rimrock Lake and the up in the corners just before the long section just before the top. Also, when the signs say "Motorcycles Use Extreme Caution" and "Rough Road" on the west side of the summit they aint lying.

Just came through there about 10:30 this morning.

3. Is it too nasty to attempt?

4. Pretty sure im working but if not im down....

Only God can judge me!!!!

5. Texasl

Heck no, I just wanted to warn you about potential delays on the East side of the pass and some lumpy road on the West side.

I did not let any grass grow under the bike coming down the pass, except for a short segment (2 miles?) a few miles below the summit. Just look for the signs.

6. Another couple of options. Instead of a 30 min. wait go around the backside of Rimrock to avoid the construction (15-20min).

Also, Chinook and Cayuse Pass are both open.

7. Texasl

How do you do that?

There was a bit of construction delay (3-5 min) at Horseshoe Bend (right past the 410-12 junction) but other than that 410 and 123 were both wide open. Of course there was the usual lumpy road on lower 123, but nothing too terrible.

8. You just take the Tieton road around the back side by the helipad.

9. Looks like the weather won't be cooperating with us anyways...