close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ride to Troy & Deary Idaho *PICS*

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by whistle clean, May 23, 2005.

1. Hi All,

The rain stopped here today (Sunday May 22 2005) so Lia and I got to go for a nice 85 + mile ride and enjoy the scenery. It was a little windy and chilly but well worth the time spent enjoying seeing the pretty countryside. Hopefully her fiance Chase will get to go next time.

Here are a few pictures taken on our ride:

Lia
    [​IMG]

A Troy Motorcycle Enthusiast
    [​IMG]

A View from the Deary Idaho Grade
    [​IMG]

Another view from the Deary Idaho Grade
    [​IMG]

And Another View from the Deary Idaho Grade
    [​IMG]

And one more from the Deary Idaho Grade
    [​IMG]

Lia posing on the Grade
    [​IMG]

Me posing on the Grade
    [​IMG]

Who say's No Trespassing?
    [​IMG]

Lia is a bad influence on me
    [​IMG]

A stop at the Deary gas station (Harley in background)
    [​IMG]

2. spolic

spolic Ducati Pilot

Very nice! Looks like you had a great time.

3. Yeah. Looks real nice. Of course on our side we got to deal with more thunder, wind and hail off and on all day. It was a garage day. So much for my ride up to the North Cascades.

4. Very nice pics! I've riden that route way too many times.

Has anyone been on the dead-end road out to Elk River yet? If the road is clear, I want to ride that stretch sometime soon.

5. Never been on that stretch with a bike, but I think it should be fun. I spent many summers camping up there.

6. Yeah, heading out to Elk River is a dead end, unless your doing the off-road vehicle thing. There is a great restaraunt out there with some really good food as well.

Back before Mac's Cycle was sold to the new owner a few years ago, they use to have riding events. When 20+ BMW riders from around the area would show, so would I. That was where I met Jason H. (wormser), it was pouring rain but we still blew by them all heading out to Elk River.

But when the weather is dry, it's a good 55 miles of twisties each direction to Elk River.

7. Thanks!

I have not been that way yet this spring but I have to believe that the road should be clean and safe to ride by now. I hope to ride it soon so when I do I'll be sure to post some pics and a report.

8. cordodor

cordodor Retired

looks like a good time. once i get new tires on my bike, i'm down to do some more riding. got 4700miles out of this set...

9. Gee Chris...those tires must have gotten warmed up a couple of times...or they needed to be on a slower bike? LOL :)

10. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

Great Pics!! I will have to make a trip down there sometime!