close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Riding Buddies

Discussion in 'Bend' started by windunderhawk, May 29, 2020.

1. 59 year young dude looking for riding buddies.schedule pretty clear.98 VFR no chicken strips.Eastern Oregon is my sand box,care to carve.2 wheels and a good attitude all that's required.Thanks

2. Howdy. I am relatively new around here (in SR) and connected up with the MotoFantasy crowd between here and LaPine. You may have noticed the signs headed south on 97. Good bunch of people, our age plus or minus a bit lean toward sportbikes but open to all. They in turn pointed me to a Sat morning meet up at Richards donuts on Sat morning 9 ish. The MotoFantasy guy has some interesting things in his rental fleet, but he has a buddy lives across the road who has a real interesting collection of stuff. If you are interested shoot me an email or get ahold of Doug at MotoFantasy and tell him Brian sent you.

3. Eastern Oregon has some good riding

windunderhawk likes this.
  4. Hi Brian, thanks for the reply, Yes I know of Motofantacy cool dudes, and also have been to Richards.It just seems like the Richards crowd dose more visiting than riding.

5. Sorry for delay, recently spent some quality time in the care of the fine folks at St Charles that ran a little longer than hoped. And to add insult, going to keep me off the bike for the better part of a month. Yea, the Richards Sat morning crowd is mixed, some stop by and BS folk, some riders but got honey do list for the day, some take a quick ride, sometimes some people go for the day. Seems to just depend. The core of the Motofantasy group is pretty sport bike oriented and regularly do multi hour stuff generally south or east.

6. Hey Brian, Sorry to hear about the hospital stay,get well soon.Going to keep the moto fantasy dudes in mind when it cools a bit as well as you.Ment to ask what do you ride?

7. Well I have a 2001 Triumph Bonneville with a host of performance and cosmetic upgrades. Never owned something that I have liked more even though I have owned it for almost 20 years never get tired of it. The day I sell it is the day I quit riding. Was going to take delivery of the new KTM 390 Adventure bike but cancelled it. Have another surgery in August then have to drive to Neb to see a buddy dying of cancer so no sense having money tied up in the garage doing nothing all winter. Will probably pull the trigger again come spring. Next decision is I used to road race vintage until I moved down here a few years ago. Probably out of road racing but am missing the track time so trying to figure out what I want for a track day bike (which may or may not be steetable) to take up to ORP. I havent ridden that track but I hear its kind of a point and shoot track so maybe an R6 or a Suzuki SV or maybe a KTM RC 390.

What do you ride?