close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Road Rage incident

Discussion in 'Wenatchee' started by Guy M, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Guy M

Guy M (Washington) City

Good Grief! As reported in the Wenatchee World:

Motorcycle damaged, knife pulled in road rage incident

By K.C. Mehaffey
    World staff writer

Monday, June 6, 2011

EAST WENATCHEE — A 29-year-old Wenatchee man who was the victim of road rage Saturday was threatened with a knife and ended up with a damaged motorcycle, but was not injured.

The victim was on a motorcycle and stopped in the left turn lane at a stoplight on Eastmont Avenue shortly before 4 p.m. when a vehicle pulled up behind him and revved its engine, Assistant Chief Dan Reierson said.

When the light changed, the vehicle sped past him, then slammed on the brakes and pulled off into the shoulder in the 100 block of Eastmont Avenue, he said.

The two drivers then got into a verbal dispute, and at one point the driver of the car took a swing at the motorcycle driver, he said. A passenger in the car then got out and pulled a knife, he said.

When the motorcycle driver picked up some rocks and threatened to throw them, the two men went back to the car, he said. The driver then put his car in reverse and drove backward into the motorcycle, knocking it to the ground, before driving away, Reierson said. He said several witnesses saw the dispute.

He said the vehicle was later stopped and two men were arrested and booked into the Chelan County Regional Justice Center. They included the passenger, a 21-year-old East Wenatchee man arrested on suspicion of first-degree assault; and the driver, a 27-year-old East Wenatchee man who was arrested on suspicion of vehicular assault, reckless driving and fourth-degree assault.

2. For a second I thought that was a brilliant story for a self inflicted motorcycle wreck... then I read that there were witnesses and got sad for the guy.

3. That is a messed up situation.

4. I think their names were Jerk and Butthole.

That is a sad story although I'm glad the two mentioned above were able to be caught w/ witnesses. Good work nailing the haters! :thumbup:

5. lulz

6. jnicola

jnicola Shredical

Yep, I hope those fuckers go to jail for a while and learn their lessons!

7. Glad the Rider is safe and undamaged.

8. What asshats in the car, Damn i would be pissed. I just experienced some road rage myself, pulling into my own driveway in my car. Some tweekers were parked in blocking me from pulling in my driveway for some reason, The native looking dude in the passenger seat was yelling at me to go around saying obscenities and what not. And i sure as hell aint driving through my freshly mowed yard for this dude.

Put the car park and got out with billy club and they drove off quickly.
    I live in the county i might add
    god damnit! people are fucking idiots.

Adrenaline is still pumping, I need a beer.

9. In my own backyard no less. Stay on your toes our there boys and girls, people cant stand how much fun we're having.

Gotama likes this.
  10. Bingo.

11. Crazy fuckers :angry7:

That's why you never stop or get off the bike in those situations. Get a plate number gtfo, and find a cop.

I'm sure the tough guys will advise pulling a sidearm, but it's always better to avoid a situation, or avoid escalating one if you can.

12. You have to deal with these people yourself sometimes, a Cop isnt always there to rescue you, and you cant always avoid a situation. Got to have a backup plan and a hard fist.

13. I beg to differ. On the road, our best shield is our right grip. I cant think of a situation where on my running bike out on the streets completely geared up I couldnt get myself out of a like situation with another motorist. Maybe if you ride a Zuma....

14. Glad some sort of justice was done about this instead of them getting away scott-free

15. I'm all for defending one's self. There are plenty of people here that are pro-gun, pro-open carry or concealed carry 100% of the time. I have no problem with that, and completely agree with them and their views. However, what most of them know and understand is that deadly force should only be used as a last resort. Even as they type the words about "I would just shoot the guy" they know in their minds what they would actually do. They agree with my statement of "it's always better to avoid a situation, or avoid escalating one", well the ones that can check their ego's when they know they should walk away from a situation agree.

I'm sure that the guy on the bike didn't deserve anything that happened to him. I'm not trying to play armchair quarterback here or anything, but he most likely could have avoided the situation. Before they were able to get into a "verbal dispute", he had to stop the bike. I don't know about you, but I would have never stopped once I saw them pull over. I can't think of any logical reason why?

Would you do the same if it was you and your family in you car? I sure as fuck wouldn't. There are crazy fucks out there all over the place. The last thing I want is to have any kind of conversation with one.

Jims08Z06 likes this.
  16. Jims08Z06

Jims08Z06 Bat Crazed

What is the matter with people anyway? I wonder if the stop light deal was the result of something that had occurred earlier. Wouldn't it have been better when the car dude stopped the bike kept on going... AJ

17. I don’t even know what a zuma is, and I really dont care to....It’s not just a riding situation, you run into people who want to hassle you... And sometimes you have to get some balls and deal with shit yourself, police aren’t waiting on your call! that’s my point man. Got to ride in defense, and think rationally, and safely especially on a bike no doubt. But I might have a different point of view, I deal with my shit, and I don’t call 911.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  18. As above mentioned, I also wonder about what was happening before the light....I agree, he should have kept goin when he saw those fuckers pull over.

Jims08Z06 likes this.
  19. Well this was a conversation about a riding incident, no need to huff and puff and tell us how big your balls are. We are all adults here (for the most part).

My point: Yes there are some situations where it is wise to stand your ground and not rely on removing yourself from the situation, or to try and call the police. This was not one of those situations. The problem is that some guy with big balls like yourself will try and prove how big his balls are in a situation like the article, and will only wind up getting stabbed or shot when the entire situation could have been avoided by using a minute amount of throttle.

Oh, and a zuma is a 50cc yamaha scooter.