close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rossi...Cheap shot or a foul to win the race?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

i think that sete saw rossi coming up the inside, and, in trying to defend the line, runs into rossi. it almost seems like he's trowing his shoulder into rossi on knowingly. who knows, though. awesome ending, either way.

2. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

dang, i could watch that a million times. i like these announcers better than the guys on speed.

3. Foul. No doubt about it.

The right of way goes to the rider with their front tire in the corner first. I am a Rossi fan, but that was just plain dangerous. History has seen alot of riders reprimanded for that same thing.

On the other hand, I think Gib had plenty of room to open it up a bit more and stay in front of Rossi. I think he was purposely trying to close the door, a little too late, though.

4. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

foul or not, that was an awesome race. the end at least. Sete's was was holding his shoulder a lot... apparently he's had surgery on it twice and he reinjured it bumping into Rossi. the scoup was that he was "doubtful" for this sunday's race, but i'm sure he'll race all the same.

5. That was a heck of a way to start the season...but I never would have imagined Rossi to be the kind of rider to need to push another off the track. :cry: I wouldn't call it a mistake due to the level of skill these riders have but what concerns me is how rossi's foot came off the peg at the last turn like he was almost "out of control". I don't know but good topic for discussion guys...(and girls) :D

6. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

Rossi was riding like a lunatic after he went wide in the middle of the last lap. but really, thats what make motocycle racing so fun to watch. i think ratings have increaced significantly, and if they did penalize him for it, the TV stations might complain! (just my idle conjecture, but a possiblity, none-the-less).

7. Slow down the video...

You will see in the last turn(the contact turn) Rossi's front wheel is always in front of Sete's...

Which makes him the lead bike...
    Rossi's pass is technically clean...

Give it a pause at 3:32/33 (3:52)

Take a look....

When they first hit Sete was in front. But Sete moved from the outside to the inside and hit Rossi. Then Rossi drove him out.

At least that is how it looked to me.

Slowed it down again.....

Sete's front fairing hits Rossi's side fairing.....

I must of failed to remember that Yamaha runs that super long bodywork....