close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

rossi says no to f1...

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by jezterr, Jun 24, 2005.

1. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

From Superbike :

Valentino Rossi, no fan of the pre-race press conference, enlivened the Assen Q&A session by announcing that there was no way he would be going to Formula1. When asked how he saw his future in F1, he replied. "I don't see any future, I'll be staying in bike till I quit. I can't remember the last time I watched an F1 race. I don't see the way the sport is that I would get any satisfaction from it. The only thing the drivers do is drive the car to the start line." Ouch!

Rossi, whose contract with Yamaha is up the end of the year, reckoned that he would go for one-year contracts from here on in. "The thing that I like is developing a bike and winning with it and the team. When I stop enjoying that, then I'll quit and go for a quiet life. I know I tried rally driving but to go from the ultimate in two-wheeled technology to a Fiat Punto isn't that appealing either, to be honest." Rossi - bikes or nothing? Oh yes and after the press conference he took his scooter out and wheelied the entire length of the Assen circuit, all 5,997 metres of it. For the hell of it, one imagines and, of course, because he can.

2. sweet. hope to see him on a kawi...you heard it hear first :wink:

3. And that he called it a fiat "pussy"

E

4. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

I'd like to see him go to Ducati, that'd be interesting. The Italians would go apeshit. I like the shot at F1, that was pretty funny.