close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rowena Loops, Columbia river gorge on TV

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by GS1200, Mar 15, 2012.

1. I was just notified that the Rowena loops will be on the program "Shut up and drive". I never heard of this program and I'm not sure of the moto content. I think it's scheduled to show today but I'm not sure. Watch for it.

2. RedKat600

RedKat600 Vintage Screwball Staff Member

Speaking of this, I swear I saw a commercial for Cadillac last night and the cars were driving at ORP and then through a tunnel in the gorge.

There is a new advert on the Kawasaki website for the 650R that was filmed in Portland too.

Lots of local stuff lately.

3. RedKat600

4. Actually, that's not ORP, but the Maryhill Loops Road, and one or two of the tunnels are on SR-14.

5. I was on Hwy 30 when they were filming the Ninja 650r. It was fun rolling through the set on my Ninja 650r :)

Waiting for the road to be opened back up in between shots however was not worth it.

6. RedKat600

Cool! So I had the right region, just the wrong place. Never been to ORP so I just guessed. The windmills gave it away.

7. Mic

Mic Retired

The windmills gave it away for what region, so I'm guessing the guard rails, steep drop offs, ditches, and berms gave it away that it was a track?

8. RedKat600

There are no guard rails. There are some corner markers. No lines on the road, barely wide enough for two cars, out in the desert, nice black top, that's why I thought ORP. Like I said, I've never been there so just guessed.