close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SAT 6/25 - MotoGP Party - Philomath

Discussion in 'Corvallis / Albany' started by QCDragon, Jun 16, 2011.

1. [​IMG] 5:00 PM Saturday 6/25 - MotoGP Party - DucatiChick's house in Philomath[​IMG]

Saturday, June 25th, come join us at DucatiChick/FreeRadical's house in Philomath where we're watching
    the Iveco TT Assen for Round Two of the 2011 MotoGP Championship at Assen in the Netherlands.

:stir: Any chance of a pre-ride, DC?!? 8)

Bring CHAIRS - or sit on bikes - as we're doing this Drive-In style with a Projector & Giant Movie Screen!!!

Come by as early as 4:30 PM - The MotoGP race starts at 5:00 PM PST on Demand and COMMERCIAL FREE @ MotoGP.com :devil:

Someone will PM directions Friday before the race to those who have CONFIRMED.

$5 per guest to help DC cover the cost of provided food - don't have to bring anything on your bike!
    $2 per guest to help cover the cost of the MotoGP.com package - or you can do $20 for the WHOLE SEASON.
    A great big THANK YOU to the many who've helped out already
    Extra proceeds collected by seasons end will be used to fund the FINAL PARTY!
    DC will post a list of food items she'd like us to bring. Please help out!

All are welcome!
    Please join us :drunk:

Guest List so far...
    DucatiChick
    FreeRadical
    QCDragon
    NakedRider
    HoboBanana
    Mel
    Russell
    Cutback
    SamEyeHam +1
    CBRiceman - finally
    R1 Jackal - Got his Old butt down here -- but without Old Blue :scratchea
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]
    Circuit info
    Length: 4,542 m. / 2.822 miles
    Width: 14m
    Left corners: 6
    Right corners: 12
    Longest straight: 487 m. / 0.303 miles
    Constructed: 1955
    Modified: 2010

_______________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Remaining 2011 MotoGP Calendar
    Date - Location - Track
    06-25 - Nederlands - Assen
    07-03 - Italy - Mugello
    07-17 - Germany - Sachsenring
    07-24 - United States - Laguna Seca
    08-14 - Czech Republic - Brno
    08-28 - Indianapolis - Indianapolis Motor Speedway
    09-04 - San Marino - Misano
    09-18 - Aragón - Motorland
    10-02 - Japan - Motegi
    10-16 - Australia - Phillip Island
    10-23 - Malaysia - Sepang
    11-06 - Valencia - Valencia

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  2. I'm in providing I have a ride.

3. By chairs, I mean your motorcycle!

Lean with the best as they take the turns at Assen! :301 (no crashing allowed!)

Park in front of the garage like this, drive-in style, so you can see the screen in the garage!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  4. Time...everyone OK with a little later in the day, say 5 pm? Mel, if you need a place to stay we have a room for you.

Pre-ride could be the Brat-Pack standard: Alsea curves, Mary's Peak (I'll check to see if it's really open on weekends), Lobster Valley, Alsea Falls, etc.

Food: I'm thinking about providing a BUFFET so no one has to bring food. I would ask for about $5/person contribution. (cheaper & better than High5!) Options are: Thai, Indian, or burgers & brats. Maybe Italian. Vegetarian and gluten free options available. I could also provide drinks if everyone gets me their list and some $ to pay for it - that way you don't have to bring anything!!

Post up, let me know what you think!

5. 5:00 PM it is then!
    I vote either burgers/brats or Italian...

6. Please indicate your food theme preference(s) at this doodle poll:

Buffet for Assen MotoGP

remember, I will provide vegetarian and GF options in all cases.

7. Ha ha ha, what a hoot!! Won't know till closer to the weekend whether I'll make it or not, but will let you know when I have it figured out.

DC, if I do make it....ya, with a start timee of 5, I think I'd be for parkin my ass for the night. Thhanks for thhe offer.

You comin to ORP this weekend?

8. In for RACE/RIDE . Do I need to bring ANYTHING Else? Hope to be on time.:bonk

9. oh, and anyone is welcome to stay - house is a little full so bring your sleeping bag and/or tent! :mrgreen:

Rick brought our canopy back today so if anyone needs an umbrella girl, there's a 10x10 available!

10. DIBS!!! :devil:

11. In for the race but probably not the ride.

12. Whatever is easier for you Anna, burgers/brats sounds good to me.

13. In.

Burgers & Brats sound good to me. I’ll be bikeless this weekend but will bring extra folding chairs for others when I drive up in the …sigh… truck. :tard:

14. Dr Jackal can be an umbrella girl!!! :mfclap: crackup: :devil:

________________________________________________________________________________________

Historic Assen awaits Edwards and Crutchlow

[​IMG]
    The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team resumes
    the busiest period of the 2011 MotoGP World
    Championship calendar with a visit to the world
    famous Assen circuit in Holland this week.

American Colin Edwards heads to one of his favourite tracks with confidence sky high after he overcame atrocious conditions and a painful rib injury to claim a stunning rostrum at Silverstone earlier this month.

The 37 year-old's achievement was made even more remarkable considering it was only nine days after he broke his right collarbone in a practice crash for the Catalunya round. Edwards has been able to rest and recuperate at home in Texas, gaining vital strength in his upper body as he prepares for another physically demanding weekend. He expects to be in much better physical shape than Silverstone, but is still not 100 per cent recovered because of muscle damage around his right ribs.

Cal Crutchlow has worked tirelessly to get himself fit for action this weekend, the British rider showing outstanding courage and determination to be back with his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 crew less than two weeks after he broke his left collarbone in a heavy qualifying fall for his home race at Silverstone.

Since leaving the Royal Derby Hospital last Wednesday having undergone successful surgery to pin and plate the collarbone that was broken in five places, the 25 year-old has worked round the clock to get his shoulder healed quicker. Crutchlow will start practice on Thursday and is determined to race in round seven of the 2011 MotoGP World Championship.

Colin Edwards:
    “I am really looking forward to Assen because I love the track. It is not the old Assen of a few years back, but there are still plenty of sections of the track that are awesome on a MotoGP bike. It's fair to say I've got some history at Assen. I got a podium in 2005 and 2008, but don't remind me what happened in 2006. I couldn't be more confident going to Assen though than I am now. The Silverstone result was fantastic for the whole Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team. It gave everybody a boost and it was great coming so quickly after my collarbone injury. I've had a lot of time relaxing and resting up with my family at home and the shoulder has only got stronger. It was like brand new in Silverstone, so I'm not worried about that at all. My right side is still hurting because I separated the muscles from my ribs, so I'm expecting a bit of discomfort from that. The rib injury has improved but I still don't think I'll have my maximum strength. I'll be looking for another strong result in Assen to build on the momentum gained from Silverstone.”

Cal Crutchlow:
    "Assen is another track that I know from my time in World Superbikes, but I will have to see how my shoulder is doing on the bike and go from there. It is Yamaha's 50th anniversary and I will do my best to be there and support them."

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  15. he can be my umbrella boy! :mfclap:

update: roads are getting oiled today, so they should be dry by Saturday.

16. Sounds like you better lather up and start shaving those gams Jackal... :thefinge:

17. :mfclap: crackup: YAY! :mfclap: crackup:

18. I've got DC's back; she knows it :secret:

19. OK guys, I need a confirmation by Friday morning so I can go food shopping. I'm planning on making both Italian and American.

Guest list so far:
    Bruce
    nakedrider
    QCDragon
    R1 Jackal
    ducatichick
    FreeRadical
    HoboBanana
    Cutback
    Mel
    CBRiceman
    Russell
    SamEyeHam & Michelle

If you want me to provide your drinks, please let me know by then as well. Another option: we could arrange a meeting in Corvallis on Friday afternoon and I could pick up beverages you provide. Or you could get Jackal to deal with drinks, since he's bringing his big honkin truck.

Jackal, since you'll be my umbrella slave, and since you don't have your bike here this weekend, care to ride bitch? :evil4:

Till then...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011