close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saturday Afternoon Ride

Discussion in 'Kitsap' started by Buz, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Nice day as it turns out, anyone up for a ride?
    Buz.. 8)

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

time? i'm going to replace my brake fluid, then i'll go out...

3. I'm pretty open on time ,4p.m. is getting a little late for me as i have plans a little later this evening.(maybe next time bandit)
    Jezterr give me an idea when you will be done and i'll go for a ride with you after.
    I can head out toward Kent if needed, only 10 minutes away (Normandy Park).
    Talk to you later.
    Buz.. 8)

4. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

prolly won't be done till 3. i'm leaving now to get brake fluid...

5. I'm surprisingly bored for it bein a nice day.. maybe I'll join up.

*wanders off*

6. I want to go, I just need to know where and when?

7. OK, anyone have a favorite spot to go to today?
    I'm pretty much ready to go, just sitting here drinking Red Bull--and waiting... :shock:

Buz.. 8)

8. I haven't been on a decent ride so I don't know of a place, but it doesn't matter to me, I just need a place to meet that I can find.

9. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

let me know what the plan is if you guys haven't already left... i get off at 330 and have a couple errands to run, (eastside kawi to pick up plates), then hopefully i can join up with you guys.

j

10. I can wait a little longer, How about a meet up someplace in the Renton area and head East?
    I'm in Normandy park so if i'm closer let me know,we can hook up in this area.
    Buz.. 8)

11. You should be able to ride with us because I'm leaving to go to RMC right now and that should take me atleast 30 min at the speed limit + traffic.

12. I'm out, I don't feel like fighting stupid weekend traffic - gonna go catch Batman Begins.

Have fun, keep the rubber down.

13. Off to RMC here in a couple minutes to hook up with titan--thinking around 4p.m.?
    Buz.. 8)

14. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

4pm at RMC! suiting up right now...

15. Sorry about your little crash Titan, Glad you didn't get hurt for sure.
    Stay in touch and i look forward to seeing you when you get the bike back up and running.
    Buz.. 8)

16. what happened titan? are u ok?

17. BTW.. it's been pouring here in the Olympia area for the last 90 minutes..

18. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

good thing we got back in time... pics coming up of titan's... incident... i think kawi's are bad luck...

19. I just came into a hard left hander over a hill and before I knew it I was getting really close to the railing, maybe because it surprised me over the hill, but I was at the point were I either had to try and keep turning with the two feet of gravel and grass I had or start braking and just go into the rail and hang on. I chose to start braking and as soon as I did my front just locked up in the gravel on the edge of the road and I was down on the low side. My bike slid a few feet and then into the rail and I just got out from under the bike and picked it up. A little upset but no biggy since I'm not injured. I have a little rash on my left side and thats it. My foot that was under the bike would have really been hurtin if I didn't have my steel toe CATs on. BTW jezterr and Buz are great people and I highly recommend them as riding buddies. I'm glad they were there to give me the information and support that I needed, Thanks guys I'll let you know what happens with the bike but I'm sure I'll be riding again within a few months.