close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saturday Morning Coffee (SMC) 2015

Discussion in 'The Dalles' started by R1 Jackal, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Even if it's not the regular SMC this Saturday chances are I'll be there with a shiny orange bike. Just saying. ;)

2. I invited filmguy123 to SMC this weekend. He thinks he can make it and seemed excited to do so. How foolish.

3. haha! I'm sure I'll learn my lesson soon

4. In for SMC. Weekend weather looking good.

5. If you do a ride, please post up route and an ETA or two for waypoints.

I have plans until about 10:30 a.m. I might join to meet, greet and ride if I can be at the same spot as you at the same time.

6. I'm out, I had to go back to Zillah. Have fun, weather looks good.

7. Oh good, now I can continue breathing :roll:

8. We'll do. All depends on where the herd decides to go.

9. I'm planning to be at SMC tomorrow but I'll probably just drive the old 4-wheeler and stay warm.

solame:
    :mytruck

10. Earlier this month, when it appeared that SMC participation was beginning to wane, R1Jackal threatened to cut the SMC back to two days per month. This seemed to be enough of a scare to revitalize participation at the third SMC of January. In fact, the turn-out this morning was reminiscent of what you'd expect from the warmer months of the true riding season.

You can think what you want, but I think that today's SMC rally was partially due to the reverberating news (echoing through the gorge) about the miracle resurrection of Jackal's infamous R1. It was nice to once-again see the ole R1 parked across the street from the Petite Provence on a Saturday morning.

There were 9 of us at the table this morning, but only six bikers departed for the after-coffee ride. Unfortunately, I was not one of the six...

11. Bugaboo ~ missed one hell of a ride today. The route developed as we went and I was never in range of a cell tower to get messages out. But, tomorrow's weather is supposed to be better than today. You interested in a 1 or 2 hour ride-around about mid day?

12. Next time you will know to bring your bike, Dawg. You missed out on 130 miles of great riding and 20 miles of "who the hell thought this was a good idea?". It might have been less than 20, but a short distance can seem like an eternity when you are listening to your bike getting sandblasted.

13. Wow! Awesome turnout for SMC today ~ we took up 3 whole tables :mfclap:

and the ride, for January?! was epic :evil4: the farther south we went to better the roads got. Next thing you know, we're stretching the legs of our machines ~ booya! :mrgreen:

Was good to meet you Filmguy123, please relay to the rest of the Portland crowd that the roads are horrible around here ~ these aren't the droids you're looking for, move along, move along.......brahahahhahahahahaha :devil:

Post up pics of today's ride, I just have the one from SMC :fallinga:

Dawghunter ~ next time bring the bike, you would of loved today's ride.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  14. ZXXX and Jackal,

Yep, I learned my lesson about driving a four-wheeler to SMC. Who would'uh "thunk" that a January ride would be so nice? I took my bike out for a ride from Goldendale to Centerville and back...it was a fun 20 miles or so.

I'm glad you all had a nice ride......and I hope that some good came from the "who the hell thought this was a good idea" portion of the ride, too! :eek:ccasion:

15. No bikes in the picture, but a beautiful view.

Attached Files:

16. You guys are making me jealous.. Haven't been on a bike since November. Every time I'm home and have the opportunity, the weather sucks.. As usual when its nice like today, I'm out of town. Hope to make it back to SMC soon and ride with you all. Stay safe!

17. What does it say about me that I thought it was a good idea? Then again, I did drive through rain and fog at sunrise to make it!

Oh, it was good. Probably my favorite stretch of the ride, but maybe just because I was imagining it cleared out, mid summer, and in full glory

What roads? ;)

And I'll post some pics here in a sec

Good meeting all you guys as well! I'll be back. But in spring/summer weather :mrgreen:

18. pics

Attached Files:

19. a few more

Attached Files:

20. Thanks Filmguy123, cool pics! :mfclap: