close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SAVE THE DATE!! Bike Night for Squirrel (Denise) on 9/15

Discussion in 'Tacoma-Puyallup' started by fishrscary, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Thank you AJ - we need all the support we can get. We're planning this event on short notice (compared to the events that I've worked on before), but there was no way we could have foreseen something so horrific to happen!

So I will post info as I get it. I promise to get as much info out as fast as I can to everyone.

Right now, we're still looking for volunteers (so that no one has to work a long shift), bands or DJs, and donations from local businesses or individuals (for raffle/auction prizes). And I will edit my original thread starting post with the link for PayPal & the Save Denise campaign for donations. Special thanks to the women in Chic Riders of Washington for the heads-up about the address to Rock the Dock and as well as posting up the paypal and campaign link.

Just FYI - we will promote any businesses that make raffle/auction prize donation. The prizes don't have to be motorcycle related. We are planning on having a table with all the raffle/auction prizes, so that people can see the prizes before deciding how many raffle tickets they want to buy (Raffle tickets will be $1). Next to the donated prizes will be business cards/catalogs, so if you really like the prize and don't end up winning it, at least you'll be able to find who donated it and buy one from the business!

If any of you guys are business owners, and want to donate something small (for example: Free pedicure w/purchase of a manicure or a % off coupon for your business, "Buy one entree get the 2nd free", etc) - don't forget to give us business cards so that we can hand them out for you. No donation is too big or too small.

If you're an individual who can donate a prize, we are also going to list who the prize donation is from (everyone who donates something will be promoted, whether it's business cards we hand out, or having your business listed on the flyer). Anything from gift cards to coupons for good or services...to promotional items from your business...

If anyone knows a tattoo artist, that would be willing to give a gift certificate (doesn't have to be a big $ amount), we're definitely looking for that.

We already have some pretty cool prizes - a patent leather metallic red Coach purse with chain straps (still has the tag on it - I believe it was from last fall's collection - I'm not a big expert on purses, but I know that it's new - and very cute!), digital motorcycle tire pressure gauges, Global Vision foam padded UV protected shatter-proof motorcycle sunglasses (in various colors), mechanics' stethoscope and other motorcycle "wrenching" tools... My favorite so far is a collectible Gil Hibben Fantasy Knife - It's an autographed first run production of the fantasy knives that were only put out annually (I don't think that they do this anymore). The one that has been donated as a prize is from 2005, called "The Titan" and it's # 1946 out of 3000. This is only a few of the prizes that we have collected so far. If anyone is an Anthony Bourdain fan (like me) - there is an autographed copy of Kitchen Confidential as a prize too.

And If you or someone you know is in a band or would like to volunteer a couple hours of their time, it's really a great cause. I would very much like for the local news to do a short segment geared towards car drivers, and how to look out for motorcycles. It would also be nice to have a follow-up story on Denise (but only if she's comfortable with it). Denise is our poster girl, she's the only survivor of the three "cars hunting down bikes" that made the news. There is probably more that I'm not currently aware of. There's already been enough riders going down, without us being chased by cars too!

Again - thanks for everyone's support! We really appreciate it. The crazy thing is that it could have been any one of us. And that's what keeps resonating through me. Truthfully, if a modded car was chasing me - I really don't think that I could out ride them. Well, I am on a 250 - but still, the people that completely deck out their cars, they usually know how to drive well - they could possibly even be street racers... So even if it was SUPER twisty road on my little 250, I'd probably only have a slim to no chance of getting away. I was thinking that if I could get far enough from the car chasing me, I'd have to pull over and hide, cuz as soon as there is a straight section of road - I'm roadkill... Very scary, indeed.

Hope to see you all tonight at Bike Night at Rock the Dock - 7pm (I'll be there at 6:30).

2. Get a hold of tatt time in rochestor.They may donate a giftcard.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012

3. Ray, You are wonderful!!

4. We know them through friends and family.Good people.My fiend with hookerfist is looking into the date for this event.I have a fiend that does screen printing and may be able to do shirts for you.They do cancer events and make shirts and donate the profits.Really grat people as well.Lets see, who else can I get a hold of that may be able to help.I am in for sure to volunteer.

5. Not really.I just hate what happened to this gal and we need to stick together for the sake of two wheels.

6. Can I submit mine for "most unable to attend" Also, donate my trophy to someone that donates to the paypal fund. 8)

7. Thank you.
    :ninja:

8. I ride with both my HIDs on and my exhaust is hella loud.I am open to volunteer that day.Will enter the show as well.May get some more goodies before then.Should be a class for best sport bike, best custom sport bike, best stock sport bike, th rest can be best cruiser or whatever.LOL!!I will pass his on as well in the Olympia area.Maybe I can ask my friend with forever powdercoating to donate a gift card.Jeff Pinard is an awesome guy and a gifted artist.Peggy get ahold of them and I will talk to him about it.They did the work on my bike.

9. I have HIDs on my bike too, they're pretty damn bright!

Forever Powdercoating does great work. I may hit them up in the future for some of my car parts that need powder coated.

I think I can make this event, it's terrible what happened, but I'm glad she's alive and I hope she has a speedy recovery.

10. as opposed to a bad yolanda??:nana

11. Yeah talk to Jeff.They do awesome work, very good to work with, first rate customer service.Cant say a bad thing about them.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  12. Hi Everyone - updated flyer. Things are starting to come together....

If any of you guys want to help distribute this flyer, or forward it to anyone that may be interested, please feel free.

[​IMG]

Thanks! And yeah, it should be a great time!

- Peggy

13. precisely!

14. Just an update folks - hearing through the grapevine, this is event is going to BIG. I've been pounding the pavement, well, more like riding it..., but people seem to already know about this event already...

We've received NICE prize donations from Seattle Cycle Center, Cycle Gear Tacoma and Cycle Gear Auburn. CheckTwiceForMotorcycles.org, and even Yelp! is involved. They will be listed as sponsors along with the local businesses that have donated as well - no matter how big or small, we want you to be recognized for helping out. If you have friends who are local business owners, and would like to get in on this event - please let them know - and have them contact me (just PM me & I'll give out my number). Right now, I'm handling a LOT of prize donations...

Plus, it'll be great publicity, since we expect the news media to show up and do a segment on Bikers Uniting to raise awareness for car drivers that don't pay attention, or are intentionally harassing bikes, etc.

So far it looks like we're going to have Bike Show registration start at four. Show up early if you like... When I have exact details, you guys will know about it. But it looks like the event will go from 4pm to 9pm (RTD stays open until 2am - so the party doesn't end at 9pm).

Bike Show:

The categories are "Best Sport Bike", "People's Choice", "Best Custom", "Best Paint", "Best Stock" and "Best Rat Bike". Prizes for winning will include a trophy and a $50 Rock the Dock gift card (I'm not sure what else for right now, we need to sort out all the goodies).

*So thank you for those who already volunteered - and if you can spare some time to volunteer, it would be greatly appreciated*. I will be contacting the volunteers tomorrow - Friday, 8/9, via PM. From there, volunteers will get more info and we will have an in person meeting with all the volunteers before the actual event - which we'll need to coordinate.

There's also more - but the info will to go to the volunteers first...

From the most recent flyer, we have already two bands booked, and on the new flyers/posters coming out next week, you'll know the third. And if you want to stay after the bike event, Rock the Dock doesn't close until 2am, and there will be ANOTHER band that is coming on after the "Bikers Against Road Rage" event ends, and they will play on the inside stage at Rock the Dock. So there's PLENTY of time for everyone to have a FANTASTIC NIGHT.

Thanks!

- Peggy

15. ...so again pretty much only one award dedicated Sport bikes?

16. Sport bikes qualify for EVERY category. Cruisers do not.

17. Do Buells count as sport bikes? :nana :stir: crackup:

18. no.I had my bike at the last bike night and was told I was open to all trophies including best sport bike, best custom, best paint and peoples choice.I got best sportbike because there were some other nice custom bikes there and mine was the only custom sport bike.So lay off Peggy and move on.Anyone can enter and anyone can win.

19. No its closely related to a harley.:nana

20. Was just a question. I'm not getting on her case about anything! I'll dont see many sport bikes winning any other category....unless Sandra enters with her Busa.

Theres not one piece on my bike that says Harley. My bike is the reason Harley said good bye to Buell. :thefinge: