close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seattle Police Athletic Association range

Discussion in 'Sports/Recreation' started by DasBroose, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Does anyone here ever shoot at the SPA range?

http://www.spaarange.com/

How is it inside? Well-kept? Clean? Safe?
    I read that you have to pass a background check to join. Who pays the fee for the check? I can only assume it's me. What if I just show a carry permit?
    Impressions?

2. never been there. let us know how it is.

3. Sure. Might even scoot over today.

4. Okay, I finally made it over there. Here's the skinny:

It is a members-only range for LEOs and civilian members.
    Every member must fill out a (quite lengthy) application and get it notarized. Part of the application is a background check.
    The cost of the membership is $115 per year, with a one-time $50 app fee (for the background check, etc.).
    The range is all outdoors/berms and there are stalls reserved for LEO as well as those open to other members.
    Pistol ranges at 25 and 50 yards. Rifle ranges at 100 and 200 yards.
    There is a store for members only where they sell weapons and accessories at cost plus 55 dollars. Sweet.

So I'm thinking with all the money I shell out shooting at places like Wade's, $115 for the year of range access ain't too bad. The prices in the store alone could be worth it if you're in the market for something new (and I am). I think I'll go for it.