close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sete Vs Rossi

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by KillermondoDude, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Late apex let Sete carry more speed. Rossi rushed the turn and couldn't get back on the gas in time. As they say, the setup for the next turn happens at the exit of the previous turn. Rossi's pass set him up poorly for the turns to follow. It was a desperate move that almost, but not quite, paid off. Sete didn't let the pass fluster him. He stuck to his own lines and amazingly, tuned out Rossi weaving in front of him. Just a non-racer's perspective.

2. Moto

Moto Guest

when interviewed Rossi said he was protecting the inside...he just made an error.
    Sete saw it and exploited it by squaring off the corner more.

3. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

yeah. that first video was when i actually respected the dude because he wasn't the whiny baby bitch that he was in the second vid.

4. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

The second video was Rossi's payback. But you to have to admit that Sete set the last corner of the first video up nicely, going very wide on the entrance and getting the drive out of the corner for the win.

5. I haven't been following MotoGP for long. But, I watched that second film over and over and don't think much of Rossi in that move. He essentially flattracked into the corner in order to push Seti wide, and then once he had the inside line, he went wide, forcing Sete off the track. To me, that's unsportsmanlike behavior (and ought to disqualify him; I'd think intentionally forcing another rider off the track is against the rules and might bring you up on manslaughter charges if it results in a death) and his show-off wheelie down the straight underlines what a jerk he can be. Just my reading without knowing the riders that well.

It's certainly a major over-reaction if it was indeed payback for Seti's skillful earlier move in the first video.