close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Signaling for Five-O

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Shwaa, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

Anyone here signal other bikers for Five-O? If you do how? I saw a guy circling his hand over his head and sure enough 2 miles down the road was a speed trap.

2. i've seen/done the rapid tapping on top of helmet......

3. What I always wanted to do was start up a group of resisters who would locate speed traps and then deploy a cheap waterproof sandwichboard type sign a mile or two prior to the speed trap..weight it down with a cheap sandbag and split immediately.

WARNING: Speedtrap dead ahead!

Sure would cost the staters some $$$$ in lost tickets until they located the sign!

4. i've always wanted to make a small emp device that was able to take out a 100ft radius area...drive by and drop it....1min later...fffffftttt...no more speed trap

5. Yeah, just pat the top of your helmet several times to signal that Five-O is ahead.

6. You gotta watch those EMP devices, they will fry your computer controls and you'll be pushing instead of walking.. owned: that is unless you have military grade chips! (former R & d technician in this field, for Intel Corp..)

7. that's why i want it on ye ol timer...1 min to get out the the "affected" area...besides i don't even have fuel injection..I might lose my gauges but my sstuff should still run on carbs, fuel, and spark right?

8. Yeah, that's the problem, you don't know what sensitive stuff you might have in your system unless you analyze it.. if you had a schematic it could be figured out. Also realize you will possibly fry innocent driver's cars in the area..

A better idea.. now this is just for humor but a channeled microwave beam could do the trick nicely.. there are instructions out there for making such a unit from a microwave oven :twisted: It could be mounted in a car grill and with the right servo and a joystick and some sort of aligned targeting system like a scope, you could drive by and zap the unit itself. Be aware that with enough output such a unit can ignite gas tanks as well. It's also illegal to build one :shock:

9. I tap the top or back of my helmet and slow down.

10. Kolat

Kolat emw2k9 beer pong champions

With an EMP device you could also take out grandpa's pacemaker as he drives by and be held for murder.....I've seen the tapping the head thing done, when I'm riding I tend to watch cars tailights, a very high percentage of drivers will tap the brakes as soon as they see a cop without even thinking about it even if they are'nt speeding.

T

11. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

Tap your helmet, that is what many others and myself do. I actually have seen people in southern cali using that as a signal.

12. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

always tap your helmet for other riders several miles after you see cop. just a nice thing to do, y'know?

13. Kolat

hit the gas so the cop comes after you and therefore saves the other riders the ticket :)

T

14. cordodor

cordodor Retired

yeah, you keep on doin that!

15. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

that looks like my old duc and your 12 on I-5.

16. Kolat

1000 needs to read this thread after yesterday afternoon :)

T

17. why what happened to 1000?