close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spiral Highway - See it for yourself!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Very nice. Makes me want to go for a spiral run right now.

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

I MISS IT SO MUCH!!!

3. where is this wonderful place?

4. It lies on the boarder of Clarkston, WA and Lewiston, ID...which is about 30 miles south of WSU's Pullman, WA.

5. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

SPIRAL HIGHWAY, I LOVE YOU!!! WON'T YOU COME VISIT??

6. That's quite the journey from Kirkland...

I'm going to Spokane in a couple weeks so I'll have to throw my bike in the back of my truck and take my run at the lap record.

7. Ever thought about putting a big ride together for the highway?

8. Well those of us who live on the Eastside seem to do that quite often. But if anyone from the Westside wants to get together for a ride to it, we would meet ya and take ya through.

9. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

Maybe combine Spiral Hwy with the road along the Snake River like last time?

-Guff

10. That road looks wicked. I can't wait to go on a trip with you boys. Looks like a REAL good time.

11. i'm just wondering how are the patrols around that area? Seems like a lot of riders would rail that road every sunny day. It would be fun to rip it up!

12. Sometimes (rarely) cops do get called but you it takes them so long to get to the top, and you can see the entire road from the top, that you can usually just turn and get on the hwy to pullman/moscow, or just loop around to the "Lewiston grade" and go into town for a while. But yes, this road is frequented by many bikes/cars on nice days looking to lay some rubber down.

13. Maybe put together a big ride in mid July (good weather clean rodes). That may be enought time for every body in the club to get a day off. What a site to see 100+ bikes on the rode.

Just a thought

14. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

It's nice to have a lot of bikes together.....in a parking lot.....just a thought that should we try to get a lot of people to do this run that we should leave in 'waves' or soemthing....that amny people at one time (100+) is just begging for trouble on a run like that.....

15. That's a valid point but there's also safety in numbers...what cop in his/her right mind is going to write out 100 tickets for speeding up that hill. We had a situation sortof like that last summer when a couple un-named souls were wheelying by steptoe butte and 3 po's showed up. They were by far the coolest cops EVER, Daniel/Guff, do you still have those pics?

16. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

those idaho cops are dicks. i've seen groups of 8-10 people all pulled over by like 5 cop cars... sometimes i think they plan that stuff out over there.

17. Yeah I still have the pics...I'll post them if ya want.

18. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

I wouldn't mind seeing those pics...btw i hear that Spokane cops are the worst...