close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sport Bike North West 2005

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Dec 4, 2004.

1. But it's a great alternative if you don't have your passport to cross the border now

I'm going. Went last year, had a blast...planning on having more fun this year since I won't have the GS and can keep up a little better.

2. wazzu mille

wazzu mille Hash Brown Boy

I'm registered for the event and got a few guys from work to go. I've tried to invite everyone I know from my Aprilia Forum to attend. Not much interest so far. I'm staying at Skamania Lodge. We'll have at least 6 guys from work. I haven't heard of anyone from Tri Cities going yet. I'll be there so that's all that matters to me.

3. Just a note of concern to anyone attending SBNW. I have been both of the time's so far but will not attend anymore unless some issue's are addressed. Last year I was one of the unlucky one's to have a spill. It's very easy to get carried away on the loop's road! My fault, just too much speed involved and overcooked a turn. I was knocked out for a couple minute's and then realized I had a broken Tibia also (ouch!) But the problem was,there is no medical backup at all! When a group of rocket's are let loose on a free for all speed run there should really be some backup just incase. Ambulance,EMT,First Aid Kit, Ice???? At least maybe a crash truck or some support. I will bet, but hope not,that someone goes down there again this year. The worst part of the thing was that the promoter of the event Tom, who was there all weekend never even had the courtesy to come check on me or something. It happened Sat. around 3 and I was left to tend to getting my bike back to Stevenson basically by Myself. Luckily a ride buddy who showed up late on Sat. drove out to get me and my bike. So all nite Sat. and Sun. until departure (in my truck) Tom never even looked at me, little own showing any concern and he walked right by my truck lot's of time's. Basically he's a guy who doesn't have time for an idiot that crashes at his event, how dare I do that! Other than that concern it is a fun time,just ride safe and don't get carried away, you may not get any help for a long time! Ken

4. You missed something in your title - "will rule!" should be at the end! I went last year and it was an awesome introduction into just how cool riders are in the PNW. The roads are amazing and I think the event is really well run - as well as a heck of a bargain. I couldn't believe how much fun I had spending a weekend riding in cool rain (I'm not sorry it got pushed earlier this year! I'll take hot!)

As far as the accident, Ken, sorry to hear you won't be comin back. I was looking forward to seein you again! (I = Greg, I was on the black GSXR with the long blonde hair) You've got to admit, they made everything very very clear, about how the whole event was, and what their stance was on pushing your limits.(And then double clear for the Mary Hill part) I'm surprised noone had any first aid stuff or something like that, but there was a lot of support for you - at least from my view up on 97. Asking a lot of guys to stop their riding is one thing, and that other guy to give up all of Saturday to carry you back because you wrecked, but having an ambulance there, or a crash truck, would be really expensive. That's why the organizers said over and over again, "ride at your own pace, keep it sane, this isn't a racetrack", etc etc. As far as Tom stopping by afterwards, you've gotta keep in mind running an event like that takes a lot and Tom was pretty up to his neck in stuff to do with the rest of the Poker Run and then the video night shortly thereafter. It woulda been nice but I understand his position.

Anyway, hope to see lots of you there!

5. Event ambulance price;

Ambulance:12 hrs x $85/hr = $1020
    2 Paramedics: (12 hrs x $20/hr)2 = $480
    Fuel & food: approx $250 total cost.

For EACH ambulance (once a wreck occurs, all other riders are then in the same unprotected boat as before) you will be looking at a cost of $1750 per day. It is common to have 1 ambulance per 100 competitors/event participants, which it sounds like would require 3 ambulances.

It would cost the event $5250 (pencil and paper math, be warned) to staff ambulances at the maryhill loops.

Just the dollars and cents, FYI.

E

6. After watching the vids...who is the tool on the streetfighter that can't hold a line but can sure upset the bike when he tries his "knee out" moves? I'd be embarassed to have video of me used for advertising... :roll:

J

7. wazzu mille

Fighterama, I see that you are registered for the event?

8. I am not registered, Id like to go but just trying to make certain things happen before I plan it. I have to keep my schedule pretty loose. I would like to go though.

E

9. wazzu mille

Anyone going to this? I leave at 7am tomorrow morning (8/25).

10. erickb

erickb Mr. PNW Riders 2007

Tom only likes Duck's and other $$$ bikes so if you don't ride one of those he does not care! I have dealt with him before and dare I say this I can't stand him and will NEVER do anything he is involved with just my $.02 :angry7:

11. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

Bye Bye everyone!