close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sportbike West 2005 (Aug 26-28)

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by Trixie, Jun 23, 2005.

1. So here's the deal. I AM GOING. Who's coming with me. Look at the post in announcements & events about it.... great pics, can't resist the urge to go.

It falls on the weekend of Aug 26th, 27th, and 28th. I don't have school on Fridays and will want to leave earlier in the day I'm thinking, since festivities start around 2pm up there.

http://www.sportbikewest.com/

Anyone who's going... do you have room for me in your bed? :wink:

If not, I am going to look into getting a room soon and if anyone wants to pitch in and sleep in my room, bed, on the floor.... I'm more than willing to cram all that will fit if you guys wanna go cheap.

2. cordodor

cordodor Retired

Sign me up. 270 mi (about 6 hours 54 mins) from Pullman and aside from 195, it looks like some fun roads all the way up there. It'll be warm, but we can handle that... Just need to find my birth certificate...

3. It is $50 per ticket, and it's a 550 person limit, soooo... if you are coming - buy tix now!! The $50 includes: rally t-shirt, Saturday breakfast and dinner, Free Style Motocross Show, Street Stunt demo and Trials bike demo. Charity silent auction and door prize draws all weekend.

It's a deal. Not bad at all.

4. same weekend the pacific nw sport riders in the gorge hold their ride - I've done SBW and it's a blast but you do need to be very careful at all times on the ride - lots of bikes and lots of people trying to prove how fast the are - I've seen two accidents where people have been killed on that weekend around the lake - so do be carful - if you're interested in the Pacific NW ride - go to soundrider.com - and look for the ride on the gorge ride on the same weekend - just an alternative for some of us -

Steve

5. For those that want to try something a bit different go to this link - it's a blast and you get to ride some wonderful roads - course BC is wonderful too - too many choices - here's the link should anyone be interested.

http://www.soundrider.com/sbnw/

Steve

6. The biggest difference, and this is why I'm not doing that though I was planning on it at first... Sportbike NW is a 4 day thing... they go on a road trip. Sportbike West, in BC, is a Saturday event, and everyone hangs out all weekend to shoot the shit. So... for those of us who can't commit to 4 entire days of riding and touring around the state, BC works out better.

7. Kolat

Kolat emw2k9 beer pong champions

I'll try and go, hard to say what my work schedule will be that far ahead of time but I think I'll only need to take one day off, and that's easily manageable.

T

8. Im in, Jason and I have gone for ...what is it? 3 or 4 years now?

9. Well just fwiw, SBNW is all about what you wanna do. Lots of us come in and camp for the 3 nights and do tons of riding, but there were quite a few people that came in just for Saturday to do the Poker Run and the beer garden that night. You're right though, it is oriented towards people that like to ride (and ride and ride) rather than pose or stunt or whatever. Have fun at yours!

10. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

Plus you gotta be 21 to drink in the states. I know half the people going arent 21 yet! So canada is better in that aspect.

11. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

Isn't there also some big show or something down around Portland that same weekend too? Lots of bikes....mmmmmm.....how to choose! lol

12. Well I'm going to BC... isn't that reason enough?!?!?!?! :mrgreen:

13. What do you mean "half" the people going aren't 21 yet? YOU are the only one who isn't 21 yet! (LOL)
    Besides.........You shouldn't be drinking! Remember what happend to you last year? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! crackup: crackup: Go ahead & tell everyone crackup: or I will :mrgreen:

14. Alright! SOMEONE has to tell... I can't wait to hear this one!

15. ????????????????????????????????????????????

(oh & BTW - I'm REALLY freakin excited about this)

16. You should be :mrgreen: It's a GREAT time!!!!! We will get Matt to tell you his story in person crackup:

17. :nana .....I got tix for the Danville, Va AMA races on that weekend....and then it would be a shame to miss the final race of the season in GA the next weekend since I'll already be over there..we'll see how it works out...work might get in the way.
    But that's ok too.

I do want to check out those BC roads soon though.

18. Kolat

Kolat emw2k9 beer pong champions

Ordered my ticket :)

T

19. Freeze, pick a day and we can roll up to BC. I have been wanting to check some roads out, and the border guards up at patterson know me pretty well, so sounds fun to me!

E

20. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

I would be interested in doing this trip...Who all is going so far?