close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sportbike west... passports?

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by mcjunky, Jun 21, 2005.

1. I heard you are gonna need a passport to get back into the U.S. from canada starting july, anyone know if this is true?
    Sure would suck to have a killer weekend at sportbike west in B.C. and not be able ta get back in :shock:
    I already got mine but if you are planning on riding up you may wanna check on this.

2. This year I hear is the last year you can go to SBW without a passport. They will be requiring them as of next year. That's just what I heard though.

3. I cross the border 50+ times a year, Its worth it to just go down this week and get your passport REGARDLESS of the law. Gotta call, more later

E

4. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

Here's what I found on the 'net, looks like you're OK until '07...but if you got one I'd take it anyways, they've definitely gotten a lot more strict about that stuff and a passport is probably gonna help speed the process for you --

What are the new passport requirements (04/06/2005)?

On Tuesday, April 5, the U.S. State Department announced details of the proposed "Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative." If the proposed rules are enacted, U.S. citizens will be required to carry a passport for travel to or from certain countries/areas that were previously exempt. The proposed implementation is as follows:

* December 31, 2005 - Passport required for all air and sea travel to or from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Central and South America.

* December 31, 2006 - Passport required for all air and sea travel to or from Mexico and Canada.

* December 31, 2007 - Passport required for all air, sea and land border crossings.

5. December 31, 2005 – Passport or other accepted document required for all travel (air/sea) to or from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Central and South America.
    December 31, 2006 – Passport or other accepted document required for all air and sea travel to or from Mexico and Canada.
    December 31, 2007 – Passport or other accepted document required for all air, sea and land border crossings.

6. in the meantime you could probably use your birth certificate if you have access to a certified copy of one - all they need to establish is place of birth
    as in country - but a passport is obviously better -

Steve

7. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

but i wasn't born here...

8. well jezterr it was nice meeting you....maybe we can throw a quick going away party for your deportation... :lol:

9. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

ooh... if you deport me, deport me to... tahiti...

10. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

Looks like it's back to Kerblockistan with you, infidel!

11. well that's a different deal entirely - you'll need a passport - or they may keep you in canada which aint so bad considering their great roads - course in the winter you'll need to figure out some other activites -

best get yourself a passport and be done with it - but they do take a few weeks or more to arrive so get on with it -

Steve