close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stolen '05 cbr 600RR

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by Kolat, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Kolat

Kolat emw2k9 beer pong champions

Last night a '05 cbr 600rr was stolen at mik and maks over in CDA, it's silver with paper temp plates on it atm, so be on the lookout if ya can.

T

2. got a pic? license plate number?

3. Kolat

don't have the liscence plate number, but it was a paper temp plate so doubt it's still on the bike, it expired on 07/07/05 I think. Bike looks like

[​IMG]

T

4. was this guy I rode with on Saturday that had just gotten the bike at CDA Honda? - I hope it wasn't - - we'd been on a ride around the lake and he got off at the CDA exit apparently going to the dealer around 4 Saturday - if anybody knows let me know - that is definitely the shits -I do hope it's insured - it was only 3 days old - Paul, Chelsea and another couple of guys and I were riding around the lake with the 600 - what a bummer -

Steve

5. I saw two of those same bikes with the same color parked out in front of BarnesNobles at Northtown Mall Saturday night.

6. Kolat

yep it was him steve, the bike got stolen sat night around midnight or so.

T

7. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

Well if who ever stole it is smart! He wouldn't be riding it. He would be parting it out! But, hopefully your buddy had insurance on it!

8. I can't believe it - Kolat it wasn't your bike was it? - I can't remember the young guy that owned it but he was nice guy and only had it a couple of days - he was so thrilled to own it - it was his first street bike - unfortunately they are easy to pick up and carry away I guess - never think much about having a bike stolen - hell I leave my keys in mine half the time - no more that's for sure-

The Ducati I own has a disabling feature that will disable the bike if anybody tries anything weird like hot wiring it - it totally shuts everything down- the Gixxer's in Europe have that feature too but apparently not in the US -

I feel terrible for the guy -

Steve

9. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

Anyone know a good deterant? Wheel locks? Scorpion alarms? Ect...

10. Old crappy bikes.

Locks are great but only prevent rolling, not picking up. Park it in well lit, visible areas, lock the wheel, take your key in, and sit somewhere that affords a view of your pride and joy.

E

11. yes it costs $60 and it's called a "consealed weapons permit"...usually it's partnered with two .45 pistolas

12. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

LOL!!

13. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

I'm pretty sure that unfortunately the kid did not have insurance on the bike because we were talking about insurance laws in WA vs. in Idaho and he said he couldn't afford to get pulled over and ticketed for no insurance.....that's a huge bummer....think him and his girl were having a kid too.....

14. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

WOW! If he has it financed I think most Credit Unions/Banks require insurance...but if he payed for it outright...

15. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

From our understanding he did pay for it outright.....

16. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

If you buy a bike from a manufacturer, other then Honda! They dont require Insurance up to 10,000 Mullas!

17. I just got a call from a guy on the south hill and he said on sunday night someone tried to steal his GSXR1000. They tried to start it with a screw driver but failed......I hope this is not a new trend.........If anyone wants an alarm let me know.........

18. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

If I ever catch somebody trying to steal my bike, there gonna find out what a silent alarm is like; when the next thing they remember is waking up in a hospital with a police officer standing next to them.

Or I might just ignore it and let them go, so I can go buy a new 1000! Thats what insurance is for!

19. mvbrian left me a voicemail early this morning saying he saw a bike like this today on Sprague with NO plates on it and the guy was wearing a blue jacket. You could PM him for more details.

20. they say a picture is worth a thousand words so here we go...my feelings are as follows...

[​IMG]

(note the firing position was done just for this pic...this is not how i normally shoot, and yes i can hit what i am aiming at)