close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stunting vs Racing

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by KCander, Jun 2, 2005.

Stunting or Racing?

1. Stunting

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. Racing

25 vote(s)
    80.6%
  1. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

Just curious to see what all the locals are more into, wheelies and stoppies or knee-dragging and late-braking. Personally, I'd rather see skilled racers slicing and dicing than crazy guys riding 120mph wheelies...not that I don't like to see a good wheelie, too!

2. I never have and don't have plans to stunt. I prefer riding, and improving my skills in the twisties and getting my high-speed fixes.

Besides, I've seen so many stunt vids and all, it's getting boring watching the same wheelies, stoppies, etc. It's almost like you've seen one wheelie then you've seen them all.

Just my two pennies though.

3. I would much rather watch skilled racers battling at 190+. dragging knees elbows and other assorted body parts in the process.

4. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i'd rather put a knee down. 's what these things were made for, right?

5. I like getting out and bangin corners, but I like the variety and the challege of stunting. I enjoy trying to do both, even though I suck at stunting. Just like to keep it interesting

E

6. I think the term "stunting" is defined differently by different people. I enjoy wheelies and whatever but I don't consider it stunting...I call the guys/girls in videos stunters who do this stuff day in day out. I like throwing knees before anything else. But I don't think someone should call themself a stunter just because they can do one or two things on one wheel. I don't call myself a mechanic just because I change my own oil/spark plugs. :lol:
    But that's just my opinion.

7. KCander

Yeah, I agree with you. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of not just your riding style but also what you enjoy to see. There's a lot of people out there who are huge fans of the stunting videos and really enjoy seeing that kind of riding...at least, I thought there was, but everybody here so far seems to prefer draggin' a knee, or watching somebody else drag theirs. I'm really surprised there hasn't been anyone voting for stunting; maybe I needed to word it differently? Or maybe we're all just a bunch of speed-freaks!

8. I like watching other people stunt,I dont need to beat the living crap out of my scooter.As far as WATCHING other people drag knees, that makes me want to go home and take a nap. Its more fun to go bang corners then it is to watch someone else do it......

9. I like seeing good stunts, but like seeing good racing more.
    What really bothers me is being in a group and having one or two of the riders trying to show their stuff DURING the ride. It's cool to see them doing stuff in a parking lot or on a quiet road when the rest of us are standing around watching, but don't be trying to pull up on one at every straightaway in between twisties. This has happened to me a couple times. They take the corners slow so that they can pull up for a wheelie on the straight. That's bs. If you want to do that stuff stay at the back of the pack. I want to lean!
    Off my soap box now.

10. Staying home and not riding is the best and the safest. Keeping it on two wheels at ALL times is the bestest. Me I like to go slow and look at the flowers and cows in the fields. crackup:

11. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

I call Bull-Shit on LoveHate!!!

12. Hmmm... i believe I have some incriminating footage to put you in the hot seat. You might have to blow it up onto a 100" screen to tell it you... but you're there. :mrgreen:

13. Here here!

14. KCander

We got a vote for stunting, wooohoooo!!! vtr2:

15. +1

16. :sleepy2: post one more up for stuntin'... I think knee draggin' is fun only because I am better at that than I am at stuntin'... As I practice stuntin' it appeals to me more, but it does seem a lot more damaging and risky to do... I would like to buy an older crappy bike to do some stuntin' on, but then I wouldn't have the power/reliablility of the 6... I will probably like stuntin' until I crash real bad... then I don't know... I'm tired and beginning to talk gibberish... I'm going to bed... sign me up for stuntin', even though I am not real good yet... Levi:sleepy2: