close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Suggestions on hiking/sight seeing

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Slinky, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Looking for somewhere to go this weekend. Been all up the west coast up to La Push and also been to Mt Rainer a ton. Any other places that have some good hiking or scenery? The trails cant be to crazy, I will be carrying my 2 yr old daughter in a Yoda pack. Thanks a lot!!

2. You could head up into the Olympics. I started out hiking up Mt Zion last summer but my lady's asthma caused us to have to fall back at the mile mark. If you do go up it, there's a small trail to the side that leads to a shear cliff without gates or fences that gives you a look out over the sound, pretty much to the Cascades. You could also head out to Mt Si. It's east instead of west.
    I also love Beach 4 on the coast. I used to go to Ruby all of the time but when I found beach 4, I never hit ruby. Tons of huge rocks to climb on out into the ocean and huge amounts of tidal waters full of critters to see. If you have kids, that might be an awesome one for the little ones. There were tons of hermit crabs running around.

3. Green mountain in kitsap county. Easy day hike. More challenging and snowy is mt ellinor above lake Cushman in mason county.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

4. Hey Jakk did you go early morning? I hear that's the best time to see the tidal pools. We have yet to find one with any critters :(

5. I'll +1 to all of the above.

Plus, I've had good luck with this book: http://www.amazon.com/Day-Hiking-Ol...366&sr=8-4&keywords=day+hikes+in+the+olympics

And I like this author so I bet this one would be good too: http://www.amazon.com/Day-Hike-Olym...366&sr=8-2&keywords=day+hikes+in+the+olympics

Sometimes it's fun to just pick a hike or two out of the book and see something new for the day. They have good descriptions of the difficulty, what you'll see, the length, pictograms of the elevation gain, etc.

Have fun out there!

6. Awesome thanks, I was gonna text ya actually but lost the # with my new phone haha. I'll check these all out!