close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sumo vinyl wrap, and some sewing

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Mitch F, Apr 4, 2012.

1. My work does custom vehicle wraps, so after wrapping a Honda Fit the other day, I thought I'd try my hand at doing the DRZ to get rid of the yellow (before I ruined my hand of course). It doesn't look nearly as nice in person, and I have to figure out what to do about the undersides that are still yellow, but if I decide I don't like it I can always tear it off!

After the color change my blue seat looked like shit too, so I picked up some vinyl and a vintage (read; OLD) sewing machine from good will and taught myself how to use it. And JESUS was it harder than I thought!

EDIT: it's hard to see, but the top of the seat is white so I can kick myself when it gets dirty... "WHY did I have to have a WHITE seat damnit!?"

Now I'm debating whether I'm artistic enough (yeah right) to sharpie it all...

[​IMG]

2. I think it looks good, Great job man!

3. It is looking very different and good. I liked these sumo vinyl vehicle wraps a lot. Well, for my bike I would like to go for something very unique and funky. It will be great if you could share any ideas for some nice graphics for that!

4. I dig it, what brand vinyl do you use primarily? I just ordered some Sott Elemento 6 carbon fiber to wrap some stuff on my bike. I use vvivid a lot these days though.