close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sup!

Discussion in 'Pullman / Moscow' started by Lucky, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Hey all,

So I walk out of Sloan after a hard day of studyin', and I was about to seek out the parking police Nazis and beat on em' for leaving me a ticket...but wait...no...what's this? An ad for this forum! Right on.

I've been in Pullman since 2004 summer semester. Met Leif (<--spelling?) briefly at the beginning of fall, and I felt bad that I never hooked up with him and rode.

I own the 2001 Busa, usually outside of Sloan. It's got a couple of scratches (hit and run in my parking lot), hopefully to be fixed come next month.

I started riding in 1998, with a Kawasaki 250. YEAH BABY! It was like being the clown on the tricycle at the circus. I paid my dues though, and moved straight to a new Hayabusa in 2001. It's a fat boy, but it's comfy as hell for a tall guy like me.

I love to ride, but being married and without insurance keeps me pretty tame on the road...I'm pretty sure I upset a few Moses Lake guys with this kind of philosophy, and lost a couple of riding buddies. The cost of a speeding ticket will buy me a hell of a lot of Top Ramen though, so I gotta keep the priorities a couple of more years until I'm rich enough to take a couple.

Anyhow, just thought I'd drop in and say hi to everybody. And I definitely hope that Leif got a couple of pictures of his Tigger adventure!

So jes' out of curiousity, who dropped the note for this group on my bike? Whoever you are, thanks!

2. Heya...that was me who left the flyer on your Busa. I ride a ZX-12R so of course I'm a fan of the bigger bikes. But yeah, welcome to the board!

I live in Spokane, but spent many college years in Pullman. I was down here for the job fair, hung out with Leif who is on this forum and LRG (he might be one of those Moses Lake guys you upset haha) as well.

But yeah, check the site out, tell your friends, and keep an eye out for rides once the riding season gets more under way.

Glad to have ya!

3. cordodor

cordodor Retired

I would see that Busa every day driving down that street. I started on a 1978 Yamaha DT175 dual sport. That was fun to bomb around pullman on.

Welcome to the forum

4. Hey, welcome aboard! Nice to see another WSU guy around. You can probably see my Yamaha Radian outside Sloan every day of the week (silly classes!). We should get together sometime and ride!

5. Sorry you feel that way... I ride a ninja250 and am perfectly happy with it, I dont plan on buying a bigger bike untill I am done with college. I started riding motorcycles when I was 9 years old.
    Anyway, I found this forum through cycleforums.com, I wish i had my bike here at WSU but I figured it would be too much hassle to have two vehicles here..

6. Welcome to the forums twest17, glad to have ya. What color is your 250? I saw a yellow Ninja250 rolling around Pullman.

7. well I dont have my bike here, but it is a 2004 silver.
    I think it would be too much of hassle to have my truck and bike here. Two parking passes etc... Well I'll probably have it next year when I'm not living in the dorm.

heres pictures of it.. http://www.ninja250.org/twest17

8. Naw....At WSU, if you purchase a parking pass for a vehicle, the additional pass for the motorcycle is free (included). The four years I was going to school in Pullman, I would just purchase a blue parking pass and get the motorcycle one for free. That way I could drive my vehicle to the rec center and park in the nearby blue, and have the moto for going to class.

Of course, back then you could park 2 feet from Johnson Tower. Now that spot has been taken away (sigh).

Nice bike...

[​IMG]

9. Really? I didn't know that, oh well two late now..

10. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

That's a well kept Ninja you have there.

Maybe I should reclarify. I'm 6' 4", so literally, the clown at the circus analogy is real. I can barely crouch in the proper position on my Hayabusa, let alone anything smaller.

11. yea it is a bit small for the taller and bigger riders out there. Im 6'1'' and it fits ok.

12. sounds like you need to trade in the busa for a gixxer 1k...my '01 fits me perfectly and i'm 6'5"....that and i can drag knees leaving stop signs....j/k

13. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

KNEE DRAGGING GOOD!!!!

So Twest17, are you gonna bring your bike around for the summer? Fall?

14. fall, im going home for the summer