close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

That freakin' blows!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by KP F4i, May 12, 2005.

1. I was out for a little ride today looking for some twisties so I go down Issaquah-Fall City. Then as I was getting ready to hit 90, I feel the bike steering a little funny.

Well, I realize that my back tire has gone flat! :shock: I was about 2 miles from home. So I start pushing it home.

Luckily, a man with a pickup truck stopped and helped me load it onto the back of his truck and brought me home.

There is a big ass hole in the tire. I don't know what put it there, but the hole is still there! DAMN!

2. cordodor

cordodor Retired

wow, that does suck. You're pretty lucky though. That could have gone the wrong way really fast.

3. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Dang, that sucks. Good to hear you ended up ok though. I've had 4 back tires go flat (I swear I don't ride in the middle of the road!), and I never get used to that wobbliness. Freaks me out every time.

What kind of tire(s) are you getting?

4. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

holy crap. at least you stayed up. get that dude with the truck some dinner.

5. I think I'm going to stick with the Metzeler Sportec M-1.

Jezter, he wouldn't take a dime or anything I offered him. He has a motorcycle too and said he understands how it can be. I promised him a ride in the Vette when he wants it. He said he recently sold his.

6. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

sounds like you found your soul mate. :D

7. [​IMG] :lol:

8. Good thing for you it was the back tire and you were "sensitive" to the feel of wierdness. It's that sort of intuition that will save your bacon out on the road.

In my martial art of Jeet Kune Do, "sensitivity" means sensing what your opponent's energy is as you clash and being able to counter it and counter-strike before he can implement the intent. That's just what you did, you sensed the incorrect feel of the failing tire and you stopped.

Now, the above poster is right, buy that guy a case of beer or dinner.. or both. Not enough helpful people out there, they deserve a reward.

9. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

I'm from the Issaquah area myself, and I swear to god there's someone driving around with a bag of nails! I've gone through so many tires out there. :evil:

-Guff

10. ah a fellow Bruce Lee follower.

I got a flat tire in a brand new Michelin Pilot. I had about 350 miles on it. I took it to Helmet Outlet in Hayden, where I bought it from and they called the Michelin rep. the rep said that they couldn't do anything about it because it was a performance tyre. I then called Michelin directly and they then told me to take it back to the shop I purchased it from and have them call directly.

I brought the tyre in and mike (the owner) called the rep and told him he can't see any reason for the puncture. the rep said that he would have to see the tyre. Mike told me that he would warrentee the tyre either way and ordered me another one at no charge. When a shop does something to show it's appreciation to the customers I believe they should be reconized.

and that's my good deed for the day. a little off topic and scattered but oh well