close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

thats what every one need !! really its helpfull ?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by smoky, May 1, 2005.

1. Washington State Motorcycle Endorsement
    How to obtain a motorcycle endorsement
    There are two ways to obtain a motorcycle endorsement:

If you don't take an approved rider course, you must:
    pass a written (knowledge) test, which allows you to get an Instruction Permit, and
    pass a skills (riding) test

OR

Complete an approved rider course, and bring your completion card to any Licensing Services Office (LSO) within 180 days, to have the knowledge and skills tests waived
    Requirements and restrictions
    To apply for the motorcycle permit, you must :

be at least 16 years of age,
    have a valid Washington State driver license, and
    pass a written test on motorcycle operation
    While learning to ride a motorcycle on a public roadway:

you may not carry passengers;
    you may not ride a motorcycle during the hours of darkness
    If you are under 18 years of age, you are required to satisfactorily complete an approved rider course before you can apply for a motorcycle endorsement. Parental permission is required for the course and when applying for the endorsement.

Testing appointments
    You will not need an appointment to take a knowledge test for an Instruction Permit.
    Knowledge testing is discontinued one half hour before the closure of business in each licensing office.
    You will need to schedule an appointment to take a riding test to obtain the motorcycle endorsement. Riding tests are given on different days of the week depending upon the licensing office. Please contact your local licensing office for available dates and times for this service.
    Fees
    An application fee of $5.00 must be paid prior to taking the written test.
    The initial motorcycle endorsement fee is $20.00.
    The renewal fee is $25.00. This is in addition to the regular driver's licensing fee.

2. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

I know its not WA but I took the Team Oregon riders class and it was the best thing I ever could have done...

3. Even the "experienced" rider course was a FANTASTIC class, it helped me realize bad habits I'd developed since I got my endorsement. I don't know if it's changed at all but it was worth the time/money when I took it 4 years ago.

4. I took the Experienced course for a cheaper in Idaho under their motorcycle endorsement program called Star. Well worth the time and money, no matter how long you have been riding. I guess some riders take it every year.

I know police officers who ride the motorcycles on duty are required to take similiar courses every single year no matter what.