close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The BOOT

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by badbrad, Jul 12, 2005.

1. So four of us had rode into Santa Cruz and had parked with a few other bikes. After sitting through a free Men At Work concert we went out to find one of the five bikes parked their with a boot on it. The bike was a buddys monster 620 and we had our helmets locked to it. After the other three of us feel over laughing we went to the office. When we got there the lady asked if we were the four bikes or the one. (hmmm there is four of us in leathers standing there) she said it was $10 a bike to have the one boot removed if we were the group of four. I said we were the one to be funny and she bought it. After paying the hefty $10 fine the boot was removed. So why when there is a 999 MV Ago a 600rr a monster and a tourer do they chose give the monster the ticket and boot. The tourer had a ticket but no boot.

2. spolic

spolic Ducati Pilot

I still cant believe that they gave my bike the boot! A big orange wheel boot is not my idea of a cool mod.

Boots blow!! :x

3. Kolat

Kolat emw2k9 beer pong champions

wtf is a boot?

T

4. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

it's like a big lock to keep you from moving your bike/car. a meter maid tool if you're parked illegally or your parking meter's expired.

5. Kolat

hmm, evidently spokane can't afford those, never seen one here, heard about those in england but thought they were sumthing exclusive to the countrys with less civil rights.

T

6. I heard the boot gives you an extra 15HP

7. cordodor

cordodor Retired

you'll see all kinds of them in pullman...

gotta have good riding boots...

8. I want a gas-powered angle grinder, like the Grinder Man or whoever in Seattle. Some dude dresses up like a superhero, tight pants, mask, the whole nine yards and removes boots when he sees them.

And people wonder why I don't like Seattle. :scratchea A bit too weird for me!

9. Kolat

thermite would be easier :)

T

10. They are illegal in king county.. something good happens there.

11. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

You should have threatened the meter maid with a vegemite sandwitch.

12. U Ozzy? :shock:

13. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

14. Douh!

It tastes good by the way

15. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Hehe, right on. I've never had one, will have to try someday!