close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Doctor

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, May 23, 2005.

1. That’s “Doctor Rossi” thank you!
    News, 23/05/05

MotoGP superstar Valentino Rossi is to receive an honorary academic award – similar to a doctorate – from his hometown university in Italy, the University of Urbino.

The Yamaha rider – who has dominated the world of MotoGP over the last few years – will be awarded the “láurea ad honorem” in communication and publicity next Tuesday 31st of May.

University Rector Carlo Bo, Giovanni Bogliolo, will present the Italian star with the special award in recognition of the positive influence he has set as a role model, also to commemorate his achievements as one of the best riders in recent years.

In a statement, the university said it wanted to pay tribute to “Rossi’s extraordinary communicative capacity, his phenomenal sports talent, his good nature, creativity and innate ability to project all this – not only in the Italian media, but internationally – to further the sport.

In its note, the university also said that Valentino Rossi represents a modern model of how international communication works and that he is “a media figure who demonstrates the human capacity”. Furthermore, that he “has a capacity to represent the communications on a cultural level to reach cultural diversities”.

The University of Urbino – which is on the verge of celebrating its 500th anniversary – also wanted to thank Rossi for the support and the relationship he has maintained with the city.

[​IMG]

2. cordodor

cordodor Retired

heh, the doctor is now a doctor. I'm not sure he deserves that, but he is a good racer...

3. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

I heard that Max Biaggi is going to get an honorary AA in Psychology from Bellevue Community College.

4. :bonk

5. cordodor

cordodor Retired

that was awesome. i hate biaggi

6. I'm not a big Biaggi fan either, but I wont go as far and say I hate the guy. He is a damn good rider, but he is not consistent and he has a huge attitude problem.

7. cordodor

cordodor Retired

yeah, he's a whiner, too. Maybe I need to get to know him better before I go around saying I hate the guy, but yeah, he does have an attitude problem. Hot girlfriend though. I'll give him that.

8. KCander

I don't hate the guy, but he's definitely got some issues. Rides great one race, ends up laying in a gravel trap the next. Seems like he doesn't really enjoy himself either, WAY too serious. He was awesome in his 250 days though. Anyways, That's why he's been studying Psych over at BCC, trying to overcome all of his mental problems. Plus they had him playing point guard for the Helmsman hoops team. He's short, and at 205mph he's easily the fastest guy on the court, harder than hell to guard!

9. He does have a nice girlfriend, yes indeed. As good as he was in the 250 class, it's still nice to see him at the 500. He is still better than most of the other riders (sigh, even Nakano who I am a closet fan for) and I'd like to see Colin Edwards whip up on him some more. Makes for good drama so I guess we should keep him in the 500 class.

If you want to know who I hate, it would be Yates.

10. cordodor

cordodor Retired

yeah, i wish colin edwards were doing better. he put on a good show in lemans though!

11. KCander

I hear you guys on the Edwards comments, I'd love to see him get on the podium a little more often. At Le Mans it was nice to see only one Honda on the podium for once! I also wish that Ducati would get their crap together; they looked to be a contender 2 years ago when they came into MotoGP, but seems like they've been going backwards ever since.

Let's, which riders do I hate...sounds like a good thread topic to me...