close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The guys at my job...

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by KP F4i, Jun 15, 2005.

1. are too damn trusting. Yes, we park in a controlled-access garage, but these guys leave their helmets just sitting on their motorcycles all day, not locked to the bike or anything. I guess they haven't had any problems though.

I can't do it. I still lock my helmet to the lock on my bike.

What would you do?

2. I would NOT do it. I hate to even leave my helmet with my bike on the helmet lock because someone can still take your visor. Take what you can with you. Enough said.

3. I can see my bike from my desk, and I still bring anything that can be taken off the bike inside.

4. cordodor

cordodor Retired

people leave their helmets down here at WSU as well, although usually not expensive ones.. mine sits on my desk while at work

5. You want to bring your helmet with you for the girl factor. Girls see you carry your helmet and it brings around nice conversation when a girl says, "so you have a motorcycle" and then you can fill in afterwards with the appropiate, "hey you want to go ride" fantasy. :mrgreen:

6. Don't get me started about "controlled access" garages...
    Had one at one of my apartments. Good neighborhood too. Problem is, once they get in, they can spend their sweet time in there as there is no one to see you. Got my truck broken into twice in six months. Ended up not even keeping things in my truck let alone attached to the bike. If it's highly visable to vehicles and foot traffic, I leave my helmet locked to the bike. But if I am going into a bar or something, I do as Beans said; bring it in for a conversation piece.

7. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

wouldn't trust shared garages. sure, it's enclosed, but once someone gets in, which isn't that hard to do, they've got all the time in the world... i'll stick to my shack, thanks...

8. I never leave my helmet locked on my bike unless I'm just going into a store/business and returning right away..

Why?

Your helmet is gone with the mere flick of a sharp pocket knife.. the D rings from an old beater helmet can easily be resewn onto your nice new $500 helmet by Joe-Bob the helmet-thief's" girlfriend.

Besides the above "conversation-starter" post is correct 8)

9. My practices will change when I spend $500 on one. My sub $200 helmet concerns me less. My old helmet was one of the items stolen from my truck. Got a cheap one to "get me through the winter". I just haven't felt the need to upgrade yet.

10. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

oh, yeah. i bring my helmet in unless i'm within like 20 feet of the bike... always a good eyecatcher, anyway, like you guys said...

11. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Ditto, I don't even trust leaving my cheap helmet.

My problem is the heavy jacket in the summer...I don't have an office at school, so I just wear it around and sweat all day. SEXAY!!!!

12. Plus if you have your helmet with you, and should trouble arise, your helmet makes a GREAT blunt weapon to bring into a fight. This can sometimes happen after the conversation factor, especially after you find out she has a husband :shock:

13. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

I try and take the helmet with me if I can. I've found that having a shoulder bag with me, i can hang my jacket over it if need be.

14. Hmmm, that hasn't happened to me yet...maybe I should flash it around more. 8)

I have a helmet bag that I carry around campus, it does look like a bowling bag but it does the job.

L

15. Well, I guess that I'm a bigger idiot. When I locked my helmet under the seat this morning, I left my key in the lock and didn't realize it until 5pm when I left work. :shock:

16. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

stop that.

17. [​IMG]

18. crackup:

19. This is not the way of the Ninja.