close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Oregon Coast tops the list of most congested tourist spots...

Discussion in 'Portland Region' started by beansbaxter, Jun 30, 2005.

1. This is why I no longer enjoy riding the Oregon coast on the moto, due to high tourist traffic and the red and blue everywhere.

News Link

The List:
    The Oregon coast
    Tidewater region of Virginia
    Maryland/Delaware shore
    Branson, Mo.
    Outer Banks, N.C.
    Cape Cod, Mass.
    New Jersey shore
    Napa Valley, Calif.
    Pennsylvania Dutch and Amish Country
    Catskill Mountains region in New York
    Pocono Mountains/Lake Wallenpaupack, Penn.
    Provo Canyon, Utah
    Yosemite National Park, Calif.
    Asheville, N.C.
    Sun Valley, Idaho
    Lake Tahoe Area, Nev.-Calif.
    Lake Winnipesaukee, N.H.
    Yellowstone National Park, Wyo.-Idaho-Mont.
    Presque Isle State Park, Penn.
    Acadia National Park, Maine
    White Mountains, N.H.
    Lake George, N.Y.
    Myrtle Beach, S.C.
    Whitewater region, Idaho
    The Hamptons, Long Island, N.Y.

2. Just roll astoria to florence sometime, I dare ya not to get a ticket...

Oh, and make it in 2 days.

E

3. Crap! I was going to do that ride this summer. I may have to reconsider and head up into Canada instead... bummer

4. We'll be on it next Wednesday. Shouldn't be bad in the middle of the week and on a pair of sport bikes. I did it last year on a pair of cruisers in August. Wasn't bad for us. Now we'll have plenty of passing power as well.

5. Keep me posted on how it goes. I'm also curious about the police/speed trap situations that may be present... although I've got my V1 all set so that should help (A little bit). I was going to head down in late august... but WILL change my plans if it's just too congested/littered with Five-0.

6. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

I just came back from the coast and let me tell you unless you are waaaaay south dont take your bike cause it will be worse then rolling down the 5 for hours upon hours

7. Yep. Passing power didn't help. Actually one of the few times we had a chance to pass at a decent speed, we got caught by radar. First time either of us had ever been pulled over. He let us go with a warning and told us to look out for the deer and elk.
    Far too many towns, trucks and RVs. Just when you have made it around everyone and start getting into a grove another stop light marking the start of another three mile long town starts.
    Just checked my calendar. My cruising trip last year was actually on Labor Day week. Not much traffic with school back in session. If you want to check out these roads try September.