close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Seattle 100 Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Westside' started by jezterr, Mar 27, 2005.

1. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

Okay, if you are surely a dedicated member to this forum, you would have read about how I'd like to participate in the Seattle 100 and help raise donations for this wonderful fundraiser. If not, read up on it here...

http://www.washingtonriders.com/viewtopic.php?t=319

And more about the Seattle 100 itself here...

http://www.2-fast.org/seattle-100.html

Now, I'm officially registered as a participant of the Seattle 100 and I'm asking fellow riders to help! This is your opportunity to do something for a good cause and to help give motorcyclists a great image in the eyes of the general public.

Now, I could do the normal thing and simply ask for donations, but I've come up with an idea (apologies, but this will be cut and pasted from a letter directed to CBR600RR.com - sponsoring me in a huge way).

I think people who have so much good in their hearts have to be recognized in some way. There's a certain amount of respect and thanks deserved for people so willing to give for nothing in return.

At the event, we are planning on setting up a booth to hand out water (hopefully being donated by QFC) to fellow riders and to display some flyers and a huge poster. On these posters and flyers will be the name of each and every person (with the donor's consent, of course) who has given any sort of donation through me - in the manner of saying "thanks" for being such a giving person.

Additionally, if you have a shop/business/organization and you donate $50+ your company logo will be prominently displayed on said poster, as well as your shop/business/organization information listed in the flyers (again, with your consent).

The best part - if your shop/business/organization donates an amount equal to or in excess of $150 you get the aforementioned recognition on the poster and flyers and your shop's/business'/organization's logo or name displayed on the participating motorcycle as a large, graphic decal. Now I already know that Washingtonriders.com is going to be one of the larger decals on the bike - but this isn't a freebie! You riders as a forum should try to earn this at the very least. CBR600RR.com, as of 3.25.05, in less than 24 hours of asking for donations, have already donated almost $200 to this event. Can Washingtonriders.com beat this??

Now we're also hoping for alternate types of donations in the form of parts and gear. If you provide any kind of parts/gear that will help me survive 100 laps, or aid the event to be more successful, you will receive recognition in all of the above forms. A good example is QFC donating several cases of water to provide to fellow riders and crew members - if it doesn't fall through, QFC will definitely be a prominent logo on my bike.

In addition, any donated parts/gear will not be kept after the event is over, but will be auctioned off. Any and all income resulting from the auctions will go directly to the Nephcure Foundation as additional donations. Specifically things like spare body work to put all the decals on, and tires for the day would be awesome. And there's no doubt that they'll be good auctions.

Daniel (aka beansbaxter) is a huge participant in helping me out for this fundraiser. A huge thanks goes out to him for his efforts. How about giving him a hand? Help out anyway you can.

As some of you guys watch Two Wheel Tuesday religiously, the Seattle 100 was featured in one of their shows last year, showing Jason Pridmore giving people rides and interviews with lots of the participants. There is a high probability that this year's event will be televised again in some manner. I would be honored to be able to ride a bike across the scope of the cameras with a Washingtonriders.com decal on it - especially when it's been well-deserved.

If you have any questions at all, please email (jezterr@psychomonkeyproductions.com), pm or even call me (253.861.4624), and I'll be more than happy to answer them. If you're willing to donate, make payments through Paypal to jezterr@psychomonkeyproductions.com. Subject it "Seattle 100" and let me know in the notes who you are and whether or not you'd like to be recognized for your awesome act of kindness.

Remember, ANYTHING helps.

JR
    jezterr@psychomonkeyproductions.com

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

bueller? bueller?

3. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

Hey jezterr, I'll probably be contacting you later with a donation. My father owns his own pruning/yard care service and I think it would be badass to get his company logo on your bike or at the very least on the banner... problem is that there is currently no logo for his company, but I have a few ideas. Like I said though, I'll hit you up later about this as I will actually be heading back to the Seattle area for the weekend.

-Guff

4. I am now registered too for this great event, so I will be racing. Jafar, Sarah, and whoever else joins us will be our pit crew. Now I have to start raising the required funds. I am accepting all donations to webmaster@washingtonriders.com

5. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

We've added another member to the pit crew: Allen with a blue CBR600RR is more than enthusiastic to help us out on the day of the event...

6. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

I'm not sure where it came from, but a big thanks goes out to Paul for his donation. You're awesome.

7. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

this needs to be a sticky.

8. Anonymity be damned. Count me in to help out. Just tell me what needs done..

John Spoonemore
    425-640-9962