close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The twelve is ready to ride...

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, May 6, 2005.

1. Insurance is done inspecting the ole twelve, and I have a check in hand for the damages. I'll throw that in the bank (it's now a contribution to my 10R fund) and continue to add to the odo...

After yesterday's 410 mile ride, today was the last of the user maintenance to bring Trish (but she ain't got nothin' on Madison!) ready for the riding season.

In the offseason, I retired the ORIGINAL sprockets and chain at 30k miles and replaced them. Decided to opt back with stock front and rear sprockets instead of aftermarket due to longevity. Replaced the chain with the meatiest 530 chain you have ever seen!

Today, I replaced the BT010 tires with some fresh new BT014 tires. Also did a fresh oil change on it. Stopped at Westside and ordered two air filters, four sparkplugs, and four quarts of oil...about $150 for everything.

Washed and waxed her today and she looks pretty damn good. So good, I might just have to ride her.

Added a couple washingtonriders.com decals to increase the hp by at least eight more ponies (one decal = 4 hp).

May the riding season commence wuhahahaha.....

2. Bloody hell, that's pricey. You might want to give this page a read for more info on "motorcycle" oils: http://www.dansmc.com/4stroke_oil.htm

I run car oil in my bike. I get the 5 quart jugs of Castrol GTX from WalMart. Beats the fuck out of paying $4 a quart for Yamalube and it probably protects better, to boot. Just make sure it doesn't have energy conserving crap in it, more info on that page.

3. Ready to ride is right. Need to get a big loop going this summer with all the city riders as well as everyone else. Look at late june. im ready for another 500+ miler.

4. cordodor

cordodor Retired

Heh, when you're riding a 12, fancy weighsaving aluminum sprockets arent your biggest concern...

5. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

how do you like the BT014's compared to the 010's?

6. I love them!! I really do. Today was my first rain riding in them and they were fine.

fast_lcf just outfitted his 04 gsxr600 with front and rear bt014's and after many times up and down spiral, he too loves them!