close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tires here in town where to buy?

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by Perferd, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

I need a new set of tires so where in town do I buy from? I am looking for either pilot powers or diablos

Thanks
    Justin

2. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

even though you have a Kawai......heehee.....I would recommend Camp. They almost always have tires in stock and can usually get them on within a day of purchase.....great mechanics and good customer service....tell them that paul and I sent you there....

3. Just make sure WHATEVER shop you go into, tell them that you can get them for $98 and $140 (or about there...which is the truth) online and they should try to come down considerably. If they don't, go to the next place. Camp was really good to me on tires when I needed them...it wasn't as cheap as online, but to have them right now, and mounted same day for only like 30 bucks more was worth it to me. Good luck.

4. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

HOLY SHIT!!! I called westside and the tires cost as much as heart surgery thats just crazy...Then I called roundy's and they wouldnt even pick up the phone in parts I was on hold for 10min+ Looks like I will be calling Camp now see what they have to say

5. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Its all good I got a set of diablos for $240 total shipped...

Now we will see how the diablos hold up compared to the powers

6. Cool! now that is a good deal.

How camp can think they can charge almost twice that for a pair is ridiculous.

7. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

LOL I called camp, westside, and roundy's (never answered) and tires installed was like $385 thats friggin unreal $184 rear $143 front plus tax install $30 plus tax...

Now I just need to find a place to install and I will be saving $80+

8. Camp, Beaudry's, Ed's all about the same $60-70. Ed's is supposed to have the latest and greatest computer balancer fwiw.

J

9. MASH charges $15 per wheel if they are off the bike.

10. The last time I was at Allsport they said if you buy the tires from them they would mount them for free. I dont know how their prices are though.

11. If your into doing the work your self I can mount them for FREE, you would just have to take them to be Balanced at a Bike shop, Ive taken my tires to be balance at a shop near by for $10.00 for both.

12. Just as outrageous as everyone else in town.

13. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

You know we all sit here and bitch about the price of tires, accessories, parts, appearal, ect. and fail to keep in mind that it's these things that a shop makes money off of. Most shops make little to nothing on the actual seeling of a bike or sled, it is the parts and accessories that keep them in business.....and we do like bike shops right? I mean we all do like bikes???

14. Yeah, they definitely don't make money off any other parts, filters, bike sales, or service work ;)

15. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

If I can get a better price somewhere else I am sure as hell going to. I worked hard for my money so why pay something I dont feel is right? If someone else feels the extra $80+ is worth it I say go for it but for me thats the other other of the money I owe for a track day lol...

16. The local dealers would make so much more on the tires and the corresponding service if they were at least competitive...

17. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

True....but when all we do is find stuff online and then ask the dealers if they can beat it.....what are they supposed to do?

18. Give a more reasonable price at least! They should make money - I'm okay with that, but their prices are just highway robbery.

19. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

LOL if you saw the mark up on the stuff they sell you would see what we are talking about...

20. I've always had great luck with Ed's.

YMMV,

Brad