close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Too many forums on this board?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Brassneck, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Does anyone else find that they get lost with all the different forums that seem to exist on this board-- and that many could be rolled into one?

I vote that we keep it simple and limit the number of forums available (Perhaps keep it to Announcements, Gen. Discussion, Mechanical, off-topic... and then maybe a meetings/ride's forum-- regardless of location)

This would allow everyone to see what activity is happening... and probably provide more mingling and discussion among all the members...

Thoughts?

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i sort of agree. the regions and the schools could rolled into one... considering the schools are within those regions and why exclude anyone not attending the schools?

have to sit on it...

3. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

I kinda like it how it is. It is easier read what you want to. But combining the schools with the regions would be nice, the rest is perfect!

4. I've been looking into how to consolidate the forum some. Universities I agree would probably work better under Regional.

Let me hear some more feedback. It is appreciated when ya'll step up and say, "Hey I think we should make these changes because..." since I want this forum to always be considered owned by all of us who are registered, no one person.

But if you make a recommendation, let me hear a little supporting explanation as well.

Keep it coming...

5. Well beans you allready know what my recomendation is. Aside from that I think the forum is pretty easy to navigate. If you get lost just click the Washington riders button and it takes you to the home page or just use the back button.

6. Consolidate - especially regional.

7. regional +1

schools and regions could be made as simple as Eastside/north idaho, westside, and south (LC valley, oregon, south idaho). We would see whats happenin regionally without an extra 37 clicks (good for dialup!)

E

8. Yeah, I totally agree... and at minimum, getting rid of the sub-forums would be good and save time too.

If I select West, I assume it's in the west, and if someone in the Vancouver area wants to post up a ride... I might be interested in going down... but to select Vancouver to see about rides is tedious IMHO.

9. I agree that we need fewer forums. Although I typically just click on the "new posts" link and respond there. However when posting a new topic it can be interesting trying to figure out which would be the best place to post. I have seen a few posts made in multiple threads just to be sure it was viewed by more people.
    I would still keep regions for gtgs and rides. No more than three or four threads should be dedicated them.

10. I do agree that the regional and school forums overlap a bit. It seems alot of the time if someone from cheney or pulman is posting a ride they go to the schools forums when anyone from the eastside may be interested. Maybe 1 forum for school related events and leave the ride posts for the regional sections would clean it up a bit. Other than that I like it the way it is.

11. Yeah I'd scrap the school forums, and keep the regional. I don't think a sub-forum for Seattle/Vancouver is crucial, but it's nice. Definitely keep the West/East/Central part though, I like that.

It's a good site, so nice to have a WA site that's active.

12. ... and mature. There are some other local sites that are quite active, but I have a tough time dealing with the maturity level of them. I know I have only been on here a month, but so far I have no complaints with anyone on here. Very rare for an internet forum.

13. cordodor

cordodor Retired

i like the WSU forum. it's the one i look at first... unless there were to be a subforum in the eastside for pullman or something...

14. So is it better now?

The State Universities were moved to their appropiate Regional sections.

And subforums are easier accessible from the main page as well.

Feedback please?

15. It rocks Beans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

it's supah dupah.

17. Good Design Beans.