close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

torqing duc clutch... need help.

Discussion in 'Mechanical & Technical' started by Jafar, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

anyone know what kinda tool i can use to torque the clutch on my duc (900ss). i know ducati has a special tool, but i'm also thinking there might be another way or more standard tool i might be able to get my hands on.

2. You have a manual for your bike- I know there are some out there Haynes manuals out there -obviously. Ducs aren't that common around so I doubt the question is that easy to answer-

Since you own a one it would be a good idea to find a shop that works on them and drop buy and ask a tech-

Also got to remember when posting not everyone knows the year of your bike ect which will lead to a sticky in here-

3. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

one of the techs at the dealership said that there is a special tool that is specific to ducati, another guy said that there are other ways of doing it. i'm planning on selling the bike so i'm not gonna get into a manual.

thanks for the advice, though.

'94 900SS

4. Sometimes you can find info on older stuff at the library

5. If your really sweet and you know how to fluff your dealer, sometimes you can sweet talk them out of their clutch tool (esp if you talk to torben over at ducsea or gary at beaudrys out east).

Get your tonsils to work!

That guy

6. Of all my connections (and I do have a lot), I have never been able to get Gary over at Beaudrys to help me out. What's the skinny?