close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Track Day at SRP: Top Speed?

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by wazzu mille, Jul 18, 2005.

1. wazzu mille

wazzu mille Hash Brown Boy

Here is a post from my other forum. This is from a fellow Aprilia rider that had a track day at SRP. I don't what you guys have seen out there but this is plent fast. He also posted his Vmax indcator on the site (Aprilias record the highest speed and can recall it with a push of a button). 179 mph on a 2004 Aprilia at the end of the front straight! Heres the post:

Well the first track of the year for me was a great one with lots of good results.

First the Pilot Powers worked like glue they never once gave me reason for pause the more I pushed the more they stuck; Great freaking tires!

tire pressure 30 rear, 32 front cold they heated up to 35 and 36 when hot.

Second: I have been working my PCIII and an advanced map set up with the trim values changed to lean out the rear and richen up the front. I knew it was much better than befor but did not know exactly how much. Last year this same track I was hitting 165 (indicated) near the end the mile long straight. This year I was able to hit 179! I had a few runs of 177 and thought that was all she had but changed my tuck position slightly and found a few more for 179.

Third: I changed the brake pads out to Ferodo XR sintered and they were flawless infact much better than I am but at that speed I was very ginger with the lever.

Over all way past my expectations.

Oh yeah and my bike turned 25,000 miles old on the track, I thought that was a very fitting place to have the milestone turned.

2. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Thats fast I wonder how fast I have to balls to try on my track days coming up...I hit 170 speedo indicated on a clear road so who knows

3. My GSXR hits the 186 digital freeze mark on the speedo every time I go down that front strait...and then gains a few RPM.
    It will probably hit 9 or 10K miles at it's next track day. I've had it two months.

There will probly still be 600's (and Aprilia's) passing me before I get back to the front strait...some of those guys just carry so much speed to the corners.

For me the hardest thing right now is there always seems to be a mirage at the end of the front strait and I can't really see the track...I know it's there, but I also know turn 1 and 2 are coming up somewhere and very quickly at that speed as well!

If you are going to the track for a track day...make sure you realize it is NOT a race and if you try and keep up with the fast guys or get cocky..you can (WILL) wreck your bike and probably hurt yourself.

Try and NOT be competitive out there.

there are people who think they are Mladin out there, and have huge egos, but truth be told, while they are faster than me...most times their bikes are torn up (most times they have a dedicated track bike) and they are not even close to being as fast as Matt or Mike Sullivan even. (who is blazingly fast at SRP-he has the record).

Mike Sullivan typically finishes in the 20's when racing AMA superbike...this tells you how close the racing is in that class and just how bloody fast the best of them are...and how most of you including me, best just leave the going REALLY fast to those guys.

NOTHING will piss me off more than paying 125 or more for a track day and have someone fukk up my ride at the track by being inconsiderate or cocky and taking me out with them.

Not being competive out there is sometimes hard for me to keep to the forefront of my mind..but I ride to the track so I always know if I want to get home I can't be pushing it too hard.

Hope I didn't sound like a dick....don't forget to have fun too!!! it is kick ass out there!

4. Gotta agree with freezingcold...don't fuck my track day up 'cause you're fixated on being a hero.

5. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

All makes sense to me. I ride my own ride learned that in the first 2 weeks I had the bike. I could careless what the other guys are doing I am there to learn from the big boys who are willing to teach me. Maybe a few years once I get the feel for it all I will challenge some people but right now I will keep my mouth shut and learn as much as I can...

6. When I read that, I started to think of that song called 'Hero'

I'll be your hero Jon.

7. This song?
    Would you dance

if I asked you to dance?

Would you run

and never look back?

Would you cry

if you saw me cry?

And would you save my soul, tonight?

Would you tremble

if I touched your lips?

Would you laugh?

Oh please tell me this.

Now would you die

for the one you loved?

Hold me in your arms, tonight.

I can be your hero, baby.

I can kiss away the pain.

I will stand by you forever.

You can take my breath away.

Would you swear

that you'll always be mine?

Or would you lie?

would you run and hide?

Am I in too deep?

Have I lost my mind?

I don't care...

You're here tonight.

I will stand by you forever.

Oh, I just want to hold you.

I just want to hold you.

Am I in too deep?

Have I lost my mind?

I don't care...

You're here tonight.

I will stand by your forever.

I can be your hero.

And I will stand by you forever.

I can be your hero.

-ENRIQUE IGLESIAS-

That's so sweet of you BeanyWeany!

J

8. :shock: Jon..i am so disappointed in you right now, for actually knowing that... :nana

9. I hit 187mph (indicated) without the vidio camera mounted to my tank, 179 mph with the camera mounted.

10. crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup:

11. you absolutely slay me!1 hahahaahahahahahaha!!!! crackup: :tard: crackup: crackup:

the 05 GSXR1000 speedo only goes to 186...one time I thought I saw mine hit 187, but have since realized I must have been mistaken.

My bike hits 186 at about 12.2K RPM's in 6th gear (indicated speed)(at SRP track I have been hitting 186 in fifth gear before slowing up for turn 1..maybe at the next day I try putting it up into 6th, but I think I need to work on so many other things right now than pushing it up there) and even when it gains 1000 rpm on the tach...it still only reads 186...this leads me to believe it will not read above that.

I wonder if putting a tooth or two smaller in back would totally mess with the launch of the bike and if it would pull the gear all the way to redline in 6th...it would be awesome to hit 200. I realize this would not be possible at SRP...but maybe some other track.

I need to mount GPS to see how fast it is really going when the speedo hits 186 and what the tach is reading.

I have plenty of video showing the speedo at 186...

I just thought, it brings up another point, the new(ish) pilot powers...they are speed rated to 169 I think it is...is this a better or not as good rating as the 149 plus rating?

I mean any speed OVER 149 is technically (that would include 300mph too right?) a better rating than something that is only rated TO 169 or whatever it is.

hmmm...just thinking outloud...anyone?