close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tree trimmer attacks bikers with a chainsaw!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Rowdy tree trimmer pleads no contest

A Los Altos tree trimmer who allegedly waived a functioning chainsaw at a group of motorcyclists on Skyline Boulevard pleaded no contest to battery and received a 20-day jail sentence.

James Chalkley, 47, of Los Altos, switched his plea once prosecutors dismissed a misdemeanor charge of exhibiting a deadly weapon. He was immediately sentenced to 20 days in the county jail followed by a suspended sentence of 18 months probation. Chalkley receives credit for 10 days already served since his June 12 arrest in the parking lot at Skyline and State Route 84.

Chalkley was angered when a motorcyclist drove past him quickly, according to the District Attorney’s Office. He reportedly retrieved a chain saw from his truck, turned it on and charged up to a group of motorcyclists including the man at which he was angry. Chalkley waved it within inches of the man’s face before sheriff’s deputies were called, according to prosecutors.

Newspaper article link

Local website where the guys who got "chainsawed" speak out.

2. I don't know what the rider did to anger him, maybe they were jerking him off, but if I was approached by a guy with a chainsaw, I would have my hand on my 45 auto or .357 Sig pistol, and if he waved the chainsaw at me in proximity, I would smoke him. The rule is a man can cross 21+ feet and stab you in 2.1 seconds. I suppose to chainsaw you might take 2.5 seconds :tard: :evil4:

Ooops, this happened in California where you can't get a concealed carry permit.. must be one reason we moved to WA State! :nana

3. Kolat

Kolat emw2k9 beer pong champions

lol that was about the same thing as I was thinking max, what kinda .45 you got? 1911? my carry gun is a ruger P90.

T

4. Which .45 handguns do I have? Several custom Springfield 1911s and my favorite is a Argentinean 1927 made on Colt machinery under Colt lisc, it's hard chromed and very tricked-out, too. I tend to wear in a Bianchi X15 shoulder holster when riding.

My .357 is a FN MK III Browning Hi-Power I'm tricking out, it's converted from .40 S & W so it can shoot both calibers.

My other favorite CCws are BHPs and a hideout M43 Firestar 9mm. I currently very interested in the KAHR MK40 as a back up/hideout.

Blondie prefers wheelguns, her main CCW is a M65 S & W .357 mag with bobbed hammer spur. Her BUG/hideout is the M649 S & W Bodyguard .38 special

5. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

I'm thinking if I'm on a bike that can go 0-60 in 3 seconds, I don't need to be worried about a dude who can go 0-21 feet in 3 seconds! Exactly how does one sneak up on someone while brandishing a running chainsaw, anyways??!?!?!! BRRRRRINGDINGDING!!!! I'm thinking maybe the bikers were being idiots, too.

That being said, yeah, some dude waves a chainsaw at me, I can't think of reason not to blast the jackass...other than the fact that I don't own a gun.

6. True, that would be my first option, but what if you're trapped in traffic, maybe with your bike buddies blocking you? Gotta play it by ear..