close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Valley-Chapel road

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by dc_sniper9130, Aug 4, 2008.

1. personally one of my local favorites. good assortment of turns/curves/straightaways, that quaint little town, nice mix of abrupt and rolling hills, and we can't forget about the epic hairpin at the bottom of the gorge. which, by the way, is fun descending due to the narrow and twisty factor of that stretch.

i'm talking the entire road, from the intersection with the Palouse Highway to the intersection with 27 at Rockford.

thoughts? feelings?

oh and how's the cop presence on there? i haven't seen any in the few times I've ridden it, but i just found that road this season. and has anyone ridden/driven it since they finished construction? or is it still closed for construction? sorry, i haven't been on it recently, just been feeling nostalgic about it. i may ride it tomorrow. after all, i got a full tank of gas. have to do something about that lol.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  2. actually, about the construction, i'm gonna go check that shit out right now. my curiosity's aroused. ain't nothin' nobody can do 'bout it now.

3. okay, just checked, its still closed (for construction) between the intersection with Spangle Creek rd and 5 miles south of the intersection with Palouse hwy.

other than that, the road is as good as ever. in fact, i forgot how fun and challenging a lot of those corners were. new criteria: if you can rock the shit in a honda CRV and have fun, it's a definite winner on two wheels.

4. At work, they told us it would be October for a finish date. I was just down there on Saturday looking at the progress. Looks like they could be ahead of schedule??8)

Kevin

5. ecotechjosh

ecotechjosh Cavalier Champion!

Is it open far enough to make it to the South Hill?

6. Coming from the south hill going torward Hwy. 27, the last road is Elder before you get to the bridge. It's the second bridge that is under construction.

Kevin

7. ahh okay. coming *from* the south hill there isnt a direct route through (that i could see), but coming from 27 you can take the road until about a mile and a half or so after the ultra death hairpin. Spangle Creek road is of course open, and you can use it to get to SR195, but it is dirt and pretty washboardey. i think i might ride out there today because i want a picture of the yellow 10mph sign they have at the hairpin. while im out there i'll poke around some more.

8. I have seen several mc cops out that way on dishman mica, 27 and palouse hwy, recently

9. I like that road, but it's a residential street. I always feel like an asshole going fast, not enough to slow down, though.

10. Go with that feeling, Fred. Own it. Explore it.

11. lol

the pipe on my bike is so hopelessly loud i feel like and asshole every time i ride it. especially if i try to be cute and run it up to 8k before shifting. i always slow down through mt hope, just because it's the kind of quiet little town where if punk teenagers keep speeding through on their motorcycles they will bitch enough to the county sheriff that they'll do something about it.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008