close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Valve Shim Kit

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by CoryHinsz, May 27, 2017.

1. I know it is a shot in the dark, but do any of you have a valve shim kit, or know of somebody with one? I am trying to get this engine back together this weekend.

2. Dealer is about it. And for your specific bike. Too many small differences to carry them for all the different bikes.

3. Actually 7.48mm and 9.48mm outside diameter shims cover all Japanese makes/models that I know of (Harleys use 10 mm).

You can buy them online for about $5-$6 ea. Some dealers will just swap them, or swap them for a nominal fee (or at least some used to; been awhile since I've tried).

4. Hmmm. Could be the older stuff I have messed with but I have three different sizes in my shop that I know of. Could be they 'standardized' at some point. Some of the bikes it was easier to buy the special tool for installing them rather than making my own or using screw drivers to push them down to get the pucks in. Like everything else, some were easy to get to, some were a real pain...