close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Warning: CDA COPS

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Ramage, Jun 30, 2005.

1. I Saw a motorcycle cop w/someone pulled over yesterday and pulled over a co-worker this morning and gave her a ticket.

Also, have seen a lot more police in the area with people pulled over, so be careful. Looks like the city is trying to raise money.

I would also be careful on posting exactly where the group is going to be riding. If the cops catch wind of the website, all they have to do is hide in a corner somewhere and BAM you just got a ticket (or harassed at the least)

My advice would be to meet somewhere and then discuss where to go from that point.

Just my 2 cents: take it or leave it.

2. This isnt aimed at you ramage, just a general rant.

You know what, Fuck that. Why should we have to change our ways, limit our speech and planning on here for the fear of police. We are in no way proving neglect or planning to do thing illegally when we plan a ride. If things happen in the environment, so be it. Any law enforcement officer actually sitting down, weeding through these posts, and writing down where to be so he can score some more $$ or quota nuggets needs to seriously re-evaluate what he is doing as a cop. Are we causing property crime? Are we causing physical harm to others? Are we being a violent offender? Do we commit sex crimes? Have we, in any way shape or form, created a harmful situation for anyone other than ourselves when we ride? It was our decision to get these bikes, its our decision to ride, its our choice to do what we do with them. Unless we cause some sort of problem for anyone other than ourselves, what is the point of singling bikes out?

Ridiculous, dont you think?

E

3. I totally agree, but the plain and simple fact is that sportbikers get singled out. CDA is a training center for young cocky police officers that got picked on too much in school and now they are out to make everyone's life misserable. I have been pulled over 32 times in one summer. most of the time it was for the most stupid rediculous bullshit I have ever heard of. And quited honestly its not just in CDA. In my cage, I am not looked at twice by the boys in blue. Put me on a bike and they follow me licking their chops. They would rather pull me over than solve a real crime. I have read countless forums where a police officer gets pulled over by another and they speak out how unprofessional they were treated.

wow, that got me worked up. all I am saying is that I am tired of paying bullshit fines and taking it up the ass from my insurance companies and their stupid studies to make my rates go up higher.

I wouldn't be suprised if the police started reading this kind of stuff, I know they do a lot of stupid stuff in order to write more tickets. I have seen 7 cops in one area directly after a reduction in speed limit writing tickets. I just hate to see sportbikers getting the shit end of the stick while grabbing their ankles for the piggies

4. ...it could be argued that by doing wheelies on the freeway and zipping past at 80+ has the potential to cause physical harm to others in the form of car wrecks, heart attacks, etc. :rant

I DO agree that if a cop wants to sift through all the posts here just to lay a trap they need a better life. But if that's their job/orders/etc from the higher ups then all I can say is - enjoy! :shock:

Now, go ride and stop wasting time here. The weather is great today!! (Unless you, like me, are stuck at work. Then, my regards & sympathies) :tard:

P.S. Thanks for the warning Ramage! =)

5. Alot of boards get read by the men in blue and if they know a large group is coming it can become a quick cash cow.

6. I belong to another forums that cops sit and talk to us, but they are cool about it. They aren't they to get information to bust us, they are there because they enjoy the same lifestyle as we do and want to get information or share information about their vehicles

7. That's awesome. 8) Truely.

8. I know for a fact that the police read this forum.Some of you have gone on rides with these people. :beatdead: If you dont really want to get busted by the cops dont ride like a dipshit its that simple vtr2: or you could be like those other riders :mytruck

9. I got pulled over the other day for "Failure to yeild the right of way" at a uncontrolled intersection. I was going slow so as not to piss off the neighbors (2 blocks from home). The nice police man was about a half a block to my right and still felt the need to pull me over. I really wasn't suprised when he told me that they had complaints about a blue "crotch-rocket" type motorcycle in the area.

I guess if you ride a blue bike in or around spokane, watch your self.

BERT

10. he left for boot camp he wont be back till oct..

11. I swear by god and sunny jesus! :rant :rant :rant :rant

Two CBR's are driving through Texas when they get pulled over by a State Trooper. The cop walks up to the first bike and WHACK, the cop smacks him in the head with the stick. The guy asks, "What the hell was that for?"
    The cop answers, "You're in Texas son. When we pull you over, you better have your license ready when we get to your bike."
    The guy says, "I'm sorry, Officer, I'm not from around here."
    The cop runs a check on the guy's license, and he's clean. He gives the guy his license back, walks around to the other bike and WHACK, the cop smacks him on the head with the nightstick.
    The second guy asks, "What'd you do that for, sir?"
    The cop says, "Just making your wish come true."
    The second guy asks, "Making what wish come true?"
    The cop says, "I know that next time you two stop you're going to say to your buddy, "I wish that asshole would've tried that shit with me!"

12. Dude, it's not about getting pulled over for doing stupid shit. It's about getting harassed for just riding. Not all cops are assholes. I have talked to numerous that are cool and ride for the sport. If they ride, then they are going to understand what its like.

I agree, if you are riding like an idiot then a ticket is expected but not wanted. We have all broke the speed limit (and if you haven't go buy a scooter and quit posing) but aside from that getting pulled over when the officer didn't even clock you is NOT riding like a dipshit. :thefinge: & like I said in the beginning it's just my 2 cents.

13. The cops seem to take a keen eye to my moto since it is blue, but I ride like a putz and I'm not gonna run that's for sure.

If your a police officer reading this...the guy who ran on the blue moto has left for the military already, he is no longer in Spokane...

Now quit following me...

14. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

we all know it's you, beans.

15. who is this guy? :tard:

16. doing stupid shit does not doing mean stunts on the main streets, it means not using your blinkers and shit like that.Think about it you give them the reason to pull you over then you get whats coming to you :thefinge: . Riding smart is the key in NOT getting pulled over. all you are doing is beating a dead horse :beatdead: :beatdead: :beatdead: :beatdead:

17. so are you telling me that everytime a person on a sportbike gets pulled over, it's for a legit reason? the whole point of this forum was to warn fellow riders about what's going on in CDA. Another person in my office just got a ticket. that's 2/8 people today.

Now from talking to ex cops and buddies that are cops, i know that when the city needs more money they have the officer write more tickets, it's a business not just a service (if you will).

The average person makes 7-9 mistakes a day when driving.

I bet if you were to take a poll of people pulled over / tickets written for not using a directional signal in a motor vehicle as apposed to a m/c. the person on the m/c will get it written more often.

Aside from that, if you are going to pull me over for not using a blinker (which I do) then you can eat my ass with a spoon. The more you read different forums, the more you will see the attitude difference of the officer when dealing with a person on a bike as apposed to a person in a vehicle (see forum "true story" by steve)

have you been pulled over while on your bike?
    have you been pulled over in a cage?
    ask anyone, a difference in attitude is noticable.

Point: I have nothing against cops, I just don't like being treated differently just because I am on a bike. I am alway polite and would never run from an officer.

You also need to realize that the more tickets that get written to people on bikes, the more everyones insurance is going to be.

18. why were they pulled over ?????

19. Ram, I think what has happened to this forum is an evolution. My rant was solely that I dont want to stop posting my plans (however vague they may be) due to LEO's reading it. I agree with you on all of your points, and people are getting into semantics instead of the root of the issue.

Dont be a dipshit when you can be seen by johnny law.
    BE SAFE, do dumb stuff where you will only hurt yourself.
    Yes, cops treat bikes differently, theres nothing we can do about it.

Of the cops I know, if you did something basic such as a procedural violation (signals, lane changes, stops, etc) you may be able to talk with the officer if you are very straightforward, respectful, and not argumentative. If you are bouncing up a wheelie on a silver MV Augusta on the freeway and SCSO sees you, your fucked ( wish I coulda been there...). Just give the cop a way out of giving you the ticket, and odds are, you might just get your way.

E

20. officers have a list of excuses to pull people over. If you are doing something wrong, yea it's fair game but I still don't agree with petty rediculous excuses such as "you touched the center line without changing lanes" "You were going too fast but I didn't clock you for the exact speed"

I have been pulled over and deserved it but the officer was cool.

seriously, this isn't a high school debate, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and we have stated ours.

nice talking with you.

Fighterama: I agree, none of this came from your rant. we all share it, your cool and thank you for the feedback. I agree with everything you have said. I personally don't do stupid shit in town and get very pissed when I see people doing just that especially squids.

It's good to see people feel strong about their opinions and we are having an argument about the same principal.....safety....

be safe and have fun.