close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Well, finished my mods. 2005 GSXR 750

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by tonmarchelli, Jul 17, 2005.

1. finally got done with pretty much everything that i want to do to the new bike. you can sure spend your money in a hurry if your not careful. heres a list of what ive done so far.

yoshi RS3 carbon bolt on
    frame sliders
    rear stand spools
    all the carbon trim pieces avaliable for the bike
    hotbodies LED undertail with custome plate mount
    REAL carbon fiber double bubble windscreen
    greggs custom milled aluminum flushmount front LED turn signnals
    (cant see it) but i also installed a speedo healer and checked it with the police so now my speedo is 100% accurate.

heres some pictures i took today after i changed the oil and cleaned her up a bit.

heres just a couple of overall shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

heres a good pic of the undertail, (and yes i need new tires. gonna order in the next few days)
    [​IMG]

heres the flush mounts. there awesome and they fit great.
    [​IMG]

here is the carbon fiber windscreen i had made, probably one of my favorite mods yet.

[​IMG]

heres the combo pic of the two
    [​IMG]

and heres a picture of the carbon trim
    [​IMG]

thanks for checking out my bike and all comments are welcome. lemme know what you think.

future mods include: carbon rear hugger and front fender, clear tail light, and maybe a sprocket kit.

PEACE and be safe

T

2. Kolat

Kolat emw2k9 beer pong champions

looks nice, I like the windscreen, you know if they make one for the 954?

T

3. not sure, ill see if i can get his email address and you can ask him yourself, he can pretty much make anything out of CF so i think you set to go.

4. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

5. that looks really good, i like it!

6. Good mods, not too flashy. Only appreciated by people who know what up! :clap

7. And just so you know, you're NEVER done with mods!!! There will always be something more you want to do to your bike. The problem is the more you do...the more expensive they get. I'm at the point where I want to do stuff to my bike but it's gonna cost lots of cash to do any of it (i.e. ohlins,marchesini wheels, maybe a little spray). Enjoy your mods while you can, cause it's only a matter of time before you dump more money into that bike. Looks great though.

8. cordodor

cordodor Retired

+1 that's the way it is. every time i tell myself okay that's all i need to do to my bike, i find something else i decide I need.

Great work though, the bike looks awesome. CF is key. I'd like a few CF pieces made, but I guess it's all about the price...

9. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

I like those GSXR CF trim pieces on the tree and gas cap, those are slick. That windscreen is pretty funky, never seen that before, can't decide if I like it or not. That undertail is f'ing sweet though, the way the signals are embedded up in there, that's awesome! that is a sweet bike dude, I'm definitely jealous. BTW, I vote for CF heel guards while you're at it...I want some for my F3, but they don't make 'em for it, too old.

10. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i love everything about the bike... except the windscreen... the fact that you can't see through it kinda diminishes the practicality of it. and don't even try to argue the weight savings between that and a normal windscreen. that's like an ounce or two.

beautiful bike. even for a gixxer. :mrgreen:

11. in order for me to see through the windscreen i have to squish my a$$ onto the back seat, and kiss the speedo. i dont find myself in that position very often and if i need to be able to see through the screen like on a track day or drags or something, ive always got the stocker to put back on.

Weight savings? what is that? im 6'4" and 220 pounds, i dont care about weight. I love that screen, its different. have you ever seen a carbon windscreen before, i havent. and i like to be different, im a little :tard: crazy like that.

It does however deflect the wind a little more. seeing as though it is the doubble bubble shape. but i didnt care if i did or not.

thanks for the comments.

T

12. damn your bike looks sweet, very nicely done

13. Well done tony, but I still think it needs some knobby tires...

Lets ride soon!

E

14. i just orderd a set of michelin pilots should have them by the end of the week.

do you think they will do good in the gravel? or should there be a guard rail nearby? crackup: crackup:

T

15. Now all you gotta do is order a front fender for the 20th aniversarry edition....they's carbon fiber too you know?

16. also how much gain did you get from that RS-3 pipe? I'm lookin at a set up fer my 750...

17. actually its just a bolt on, but i got it for FREE :mrgreen: . it was an add on of the price of the bike when i got it. im told the bolt on rs3 goes for like 3 or 4 hun. hope that helps.

i do plan to make it a full exhaust some day.

T