close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wenatchee bike show

Discussion in 'Wenatchee' started by Malaga900, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Okay, I opened my mouth and now I'm trying to follow through. I proposed that the Wenatchee Downtown Association (WDA) run a bike show event partially as a fund raiser, but more importantly to bring activity to downtown. I miss the weekend music that Wenatchee Cycle had downtown before they moved. I need your help guys. Here is a list of my questions and ideas to feed on.

1. We need a parade permit, no biggy. WDA thinks we need to close a street, I think using 1st street between Columbia and Wenatchee Ave is enough.
    2. Music in the convention center plaza? Who? Should be local and affordable.
    3. Where's Lizzie? Didn't the Applewood sponsor her pudding. Sounds like we should rally around them. (Think they'll let us do burn outs behind below their deck?)
    4. We need sponsors, can we get dealers to help. We need them to be there with their wares. How does this normally work? Do we rent spaces or go on donations? I don't know how you would charge admission.
    5. What is the best weekend? I want to go to Show and Shine in Penticton and we need to distance ourselves from Wings and Wheels and the Classy Chassy. July 4th is out.
    6. What events are important?
    7. Please any dealers, let me know if you're interested. The convention center is right there and we have an empty street front corner store if we need indoor space to rent. I'll make stops at the local Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, KTM, Yamaha and Harley shops. (That's only 3 stores, am I not shopping somewhere?)
    8. Sounds like we need a committee, is this a good idea? I'm supposed to be talking with a college for one of my kids Thursday night, I'll try and schedule it earlier so I can get to Dusty's. If I can't we may need a poker party at my place. Please let me know if you're interested in making this happen, especially if you know what you're doing.

WDA does want to make some money on this but, they're thinking of funding for christmas lights. Can we come out in the black on this?

Paul

2. I'm heading to Dusty's now. We'll talk about it.
    Ted

3. Guy M

Guy M (Washington) City

Not a bad idea. Not bad at all.

4. Maybe talk to Bikerstown, too.

5. I know lizzi is out,, Seems she went off the deep end, maybe rehab has done her good.. Jay is doing all he can and I will talk to him... Also know a few more and will get back to you..See you at dustys

6. Thanks for the input tonight, I appreciate it. I'm not familiar with everyone yet, so if you're interested in helping, please let me know.

7. will dirt bikes and dual sport bikes be included. i think we need something like this.

8. In our discussion the other night, I heard from others that it would be best to keep the event from being bike specific. I would like to make it interesting for everyone in town and we had some great ideas about ways to encourage other groups and bike types to come and enliven the event.

I've been looking at different times trying to avoid conflicts, but I'm thinking right now that doing this the same weekend as the Confluence Street Rods show would be fun. I like the idea of having another event to view, but dual events can make it tough to find motels.

9. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

Without a DATE and LOCATION is is gonna be a real good secret!:secret:

10. Confluence Street Rods are on the weekend of June 25th, but I understand that they have a bike section as well. It may still not be a conflict I'm working on contacts with the Convention Center and the Street Rod organizers to discuss options.

11. We are working on this... at least 4 PNW'ers and several others. Updates coming soon...