close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wenatchee Riders Check In!!

Discussion in 'Wenatchee' started by LearMechanic, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Matches

Matches Guest

Ah, the Ogio flight vest! Money WELL spent! ANYTHING Ogio, ya just can't go wrong. The vest is GREAT, and helped eliminate needing to wear a backpack. Weight distrabution is stellar, heavy when loaded with gear and picking it up off the floor, but un-noticable when wearing it. The only thing missing is an ambidexteros-holster for my "Bear-Scare", but thats EASILY cured!

2. Just got myself a Ogio Less Drag backpack. AMAZING! holds twice as much as my last two and still holds its shape. Snug fit, but not constricting in any way. And looks smoking!

Welcome Matches!

3. I just got the No Drag backpack for my birthday. Looks sweet and it is rather comfy.

4. Hi there, new to forum,, but not to riding. My latest luv affair is with an 05 Yamaha FJR. Looking forward to getting to know and/or meeting up with some locals.
    Fred Jr.

5. Welcome, Fred.
    I got a Jones on for an FJR myself. That electric windscreen is just too cool. Except when it's warm --- sitting behind it on a cool day.

6. I'm a lifetime rider trying to get some local responsible off road adventure riders together for some exploring. Just bought a new KLR and will be modifying it after break-in. Was going to get a Beemer but went with reliability and off road capability.

7. Tank you. What a great bunch of people around here. Grew up in Chelan and moved back to Wenatchee 10 yrs ago. Been to every corner of the country and can say I have yet to find a better, more beautiful, and nicer place than we have here!

8. Hi, Mt. Man
    You must have some ideas for roads to explore. I'd be interested to hear what you have in mind. Start a new thread on the subject and I'll bet we could generate some interest.

9. Well, right now we have to avoid snow so that limits the mountians. There are lower elevations, though. I recently discovered there are an amazing amount of 'roads' on Badger mountian leading to and past old homesteads and springs with lots of wildlife, once you get past the cattle. Some of the calves chased me playfully so I chased them back then they chased me again-fun? Whoda guessed? Tomorrow's Saturday...Let's make a meet time and place!

10. Today (Friday) I met a guy from Ardenvour and he showed me some good below-the-snow riding between Entiat Valley and Lake Chelan. Good place to go saturday if we can get some riders together. Um- again, not good for street bikes.

11. Just found you guys and hope to meet some of you in the near future. Usually hang out on VTXOA and am glad to know that Wenatchee has interest in bikes. Hope a cruiser will fit in. I ride an 05 VTX 1300 and the wife rides a 98 Shadow ACE 750/

12. Somewhere I thought I read bout thursday night bike meat. Posted and no response. Now I know how how it works in Wenatchee. Guess I will stay with the west coasters. At least they respond. Heck they even let me know bout rides that they have and plan on.

13. Welcome Larry!
    Most of the guys meet every Thursday night at Dusty's around 6 or 630PM. Sorry you didn't get a response after your first post. I haven't check the Wenatchee check in for quite a while.

14. Rippn

Rippn Human Race Qualifier<br>FREE and clean

Twisted nickers Larry? ... don't be silly...
    The wen crew is BEYOND REPROACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Getting well... I hope to see my Wen friends SHORTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FREE and clean, Ripp'n

15. Somehow I didn't even notice we had a new post in the check-in area. Been preoccupied I guess. Welcome Larry. Yes there are other cruisers on this forum. A bike is a bike.

16. Hey Larry- Welcome! I don't know how it works on the westside, but here it is pretty laid back. Sometimes I go for a couple weeks without checking this forum (especially when the weather is good because I'm probably out riding somewhere).

Here's the link to the Thurs night Dusty's thread to make it easier... show up at 6:00pm and you won't miss the ride.

https://pnwriders.com/wenatchee/121257-thursday-nights-dustys-2010-a.html

If you don't see a ride posted maybe you can post up and organize your own ride- most of the time someone will show up (me for example). Oh, and yes there are those of us that have more than sportbikes... I have been known to ride my cruiser once in a while depending on what day of the week it is. :secret:

I look forward to seeing you and your wife at Dusty's or out there on the road somewhere!

+1 A bike is a bike- the rider is what is important!

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  17. Guy M

Guy M (Washington) City

Hey Larry - Welcome from the local Po-Po. :mrgreen:

Sorry I didn't reply to your first hello-post, but I saw it and am looking forward to meeting you and the Mrs with your cruisers. You'll find the Thursday Night Dusty-Burger crew is heavy on sport bikes, but as said earlier - a bike is a bike! They haven't thrown me out yet, for either my badge or my Triumph.

Room for everybody. This year I've only made one Thursday night ride, we had the greatest mix of riders and bikes:
    [​IMG]

Ducati, BMW, Suzuki, Honda, Triumph, Buell, probably something that I missed... It was pretty cool... I don't remember his name, but the young guy who just rode his 30+ year old stripped down 'Wing to and from Nevada in wind, snow and rain earned my respect with his tale. Good group of folks. Some guys ride fast, others ride slow. Put me in the slower group - I like riding that way. My son might start riding with us, once he's got it all squared away a little more. Still learning.

So, come on out and meet us on Thursday - I think I can make it this coming Thursday. Was always tough last year, but my schedule has shifted a bit and it looks like I can make it more often.

Semper Fi, Guy

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  18. I learned a long time ago that the local po-po are cool people. Work for chelan county an know a few of them. they get to go ride the mountains on bikes 4 wheelers and even sleds. What a job! would like to make thursday night but have a farm in Chewella that we have to take care of also. Think about a ride that way. we have alot of room for tents and 49 degrees is a nice day ride. Lots of other places to ride, The rocket riders would enjoy the ride from Reardon to Chewella. Also the cruisers.

19. Hello gang. I am new to the forum. I ride a 05 Yamaha vstar. I am interested in meeting other riders in the area. To bad I work til after 7 pm on Thursdays. I am very interested in group rides on the weekends. So post here about rides and I would love to ride alongwith some people

Richard