close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West --> East --> West Ride THIS WEEK!

Discussion in 'Westside' started by greene08, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am planning to take advantage of the nice weather we are supposed to have this week in good ol' Washington to ride from Seattle to Spokane and back mid-week (possible overnight in Spokane, because yes, I do have a job).

If anyone is interested in joining me let me know, I would love the company! It's my first time on a "long-distance" ride and I need to get it out of my system on my new bike. :D

2. Give us some dates of when and stuff, and we can figure out when to meet ya. Especially if your coming to the Eastside of the state.

3. I am planning to leave the Bellevue/Issaquah area at around 12pm Wednesday afternoon and see how fast I can get across the state to downtown Spokane. This is going to be a massive time trial run. I'm hoping I can average 100 the entire way, that is my goal at least. :p

If you want to grab some early dinner that would be awesome, I'm sure i'll be hungry when I arrive and would love to meet up and talk bikes!

Anyone else who wants to join in the festivities is welcome. I probably wont leave exactly on time, but pretty dang close!

(Baxter): BTW: Love the quote.

4. If you are traveling I90

Watch your speed around ritzville always cops-before and after, also about ten miles east of moses lake where the rocks begin and the ellensburg area.

5. Ill be on the bike wednesday, post some info as to where and when, (should be here around 3 im guessing, but if its gonna be nice, take hwy 2, slightly more interesting than 90). Might be game for some twisty play in the afternoon.

E

6. cordodor

cordodor Retired

Also FishTrap is a big cop area, they line up on the onramp at fishtrap and you cant see them because of the overpass. Good luck!

7. You betcha, thanks for all the info. Yeah I plan on being there as soon as I can... and hopefully even sooner :p . I appreciate all the police warnings and fortunately I have a really good lawyer that has never lost a ticket case for me so this is an all out rampage!

I'd love to meet up in Spokane if you are crusing around. Any good want to contact either of you when I arrive?

8. My cell phone is 509-714-9262, give me a call when you get into town and I'll meet up with you.

My business offices are located in downtown Spokane, so I'll be either there or riding the ole moto.

9. Alright all, I'm heading out tomorrow at 12pm from Krispy Kreme Doughnuts in Issaquah. Heading I-90 out there and back I-90 and WA-2 coming home Thursday. Anyone who wants to join the ride meet there at then. Oh yeah!

Baxter: I will call you when I get in to Spokane. Thanks.

- Mitch G

10. cordodor

cordodor Retired

lookin forward to see how well you do...

Just for clarification, you're riding a GSXR-600, right?

11. hey Mitch, never received any call from ya yesterday or today. Hope you made it over safely. Let's see some pics!

12. Alright everyone, just got back today... Friday. Everything went really smooth Here are the stats for my trip. The reason I spent another night in Spokane was because I woke up Thursday morning and couldn't move my neck (I really need a Double Bubble windscreen).

Leg: Issaquah to Spokane
    Total Distance: 261 miles
    Total Time: 2 hours 49 minutes (not including a couple quick gas stops)
    Avg Speed: 105 mph
    Top Speed: 167 mph
    Avg Consumption: 40 mpg
    Tickets: 0!
    Warnings: 3 :)

I took it easy on the way home today... still made it in 3 hours and 15 minutes... that is pretty easy I think.

Hopefully some of you guys can do it with me next year! I would love to have it a yearly event. "The STS" maybe.

Daniel, sorry I didn't call man... my phone died and didn't have a charger with me. The cool air didn't do well for battery life :-/. Sometime soon we'll meet up.

Overall, excellent ride. Now it's time for an oil change, chain lube, chassis tighten, and super wash. And yes, I was riding a 2004 GSXR-600.

13. Wow, glad you had such a great ride! Did ya take any pics?

14. No that is the only crappy part... didn't bring my camera along with me because I was just going on an all-out rampage time trial. Just walked in my door about 20 minutes ago. I will take a picture of my helmet and bike to show you all the fabulous collection of bugs I became very familiar with. Next trip will have a camera though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.