close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What brand...

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Feb 8, 2005.

1. ...of air should I put in my tires??? I know there is winter air and summer air, but what's best?

2. Mountain air, Since all the roads are better up there it will work better for you I think. You know, since it's already adapted to the climate for you.

3. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

I like to use CoolBreeze 172. I find that it gives me all I need on the road and then just a little more. :wink:

-Guff

4. Doesn't matter you buy those cheapass Bstones-Fill them with helium

5. Guff

That's not a bad idea beans... you need to keep your Sea-Doo boyant. :p

-Guff

6. Can anyone help me chose the proper blinker fluid for my CBR 600RR?

7. Blinker fluid is pretty universal. I use the DOT 16 stuff.

It would be the only sure way of getting the weight down on my 12. Or I could use pneumatic air. Or Canadian air might be cheaper since it's from the true north.

But do I go scented or unscented??

8. Anyone know of a good funnel to pour the front air in?

9. Guff

Most gas stations carry air funnels... you just have to ask as they are usually kept behind the counter. As far as blinker fluid goes, I only use the European imported stuff. Fazzolenttini Pre-Umidificati is a definite winner.

-Guff

10. For my new set of BT014 tires, do you think they would respond better to scented or unscented air? I was thinking "Sandalwood".

It all depends what you ride. If it's a Japanese bike it's reccommended to use Japanese air. A Ducati, then Italian air. A Triumph, then air from England. It can be tricky though. For example the Honda Gold Wing reccommends U.S. air first and Japanese air as a last resort since it is made it the U.S.

Oh yea, I hear alot of people are trying to save money and are using air from China. Most manuals say not to use it though. But hey, it's your bike, use whatever you want!!

11. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Five months and still no fart jokes...

12. i cant get the damn crescent wrench to fit on these damn muffler bearings :x

13. beans...i seriously wonder what the hell you do all day.... :roll:

14. seriously....nitrogen would be best...doesn't heat up and it is innert. ect...but then that might go against everything we have learned about lowering tire pressures at the track.

15. cordodor

cordodor Retired

i would use nitrogen. it's lighter than air!

16. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

just fart in them.

17. daniel sure has pretty lips though

18. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

Fill it with ball bearing grease...just in case you need it

19. I go with nitrogen. Then you can use it in the air shifter as well. Hey since I was using nitrogen in my air shifter... does that mean I had a nitroshifter.. how kewl does that sound crackup:

20. i like that expanding plumber's foam...it's like having run-flats!!!!