close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What do 'Washington Riders' ride?

Discussion in 'Westside' started by Brassneck, May 1, 2005.

1. I just started to check out this site (And recently joined)... So this may be old news for some, but for the curiousity in me about who's on this board... I thought I'd ask:

What's everyone ride? (And if you have more than one... which do you prefer?) I'm mainly curious to see if it's primarily sportsbikes, touring, cruisers... etc.

Currently, I am on a 2001 FZ1...

I've been thinking about a V-twin (Ducati or RC51) or parrallel twin (New Norton Cammando)... but I love the top end of my inline 4! :evil:

2. If you can't figure out what I ride, I'm not telling...

why a 2 cylinder? your inline 4 too smooth for you? :D

3. I ride a 2002 Kawasaki ZX-12R Ninja. I love the bike. Supersport is the Ninja brand but some would categorize it as a sport-tourer due to the heavy nature of the bike.

This is my third bike over the last nine years of riding, all have been Ninjas. I've had a 6R, a 750R, and now my 12R.

Next bike is under future consideration, looking at a liter bike (ZX-10R) or perhaps a twin (999) or something a little smaller (GSXR750 or 6R).

I'm all sportbike until my back gives out on me when I'm old. Look at Steve Oldertrouble, I'm amazed he still rides sportbikes!

About the only moto that I would consider purchasing if money was a non-issue, would be that Harley Davidson V-Rod. The day I purchased my 12 up at Shumate in Kennewick, WA, they were uncrating a brand new V-Rod at the same time. First time I ever seen one and it was a sweet looking bike. I still like them to this day, but its just not for me or the riding style I prefer. Still though, if money wasnt an issue, I'd probably have one sitting in my garage.

I want an R7!!

4. triumph sprint st (955) streetfighter to play with

Duc 748 for the twisties

E

5. I ride a 2002 Ducati ST4s for everything. A truly "one bike does all" kind of bike.

6. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

1994 Ducati 900ss. Want to sell and get a CBR600RR, ZX6RR or maybe the new GSXR600.

7. A collection of parts I call a stunt bike... and a Yamaha R7

8. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i can't tell what i ride any more. i've covered it with too many stickers.

9. 04 Yamaha R1
    Buz.. 8)

10. :lol:
    No, I love the smoothness of an inline 4, but I wouldn't mind checking out something with low end grunt that's sweet sounding to boot!

The problem is that I don't think I could ever go back to a true supersport (So it's a longshot for something like the RC51). My FZ1 has spoiled me with comfortable ergos and fantastic umph all across the powerband...and although It is a bit heavy-- It's a blast to ride.

To commit to a fully aggressive sitting position would kill my longer week-long rides, I think... so I'd have to find just the right bike to make the jump...

11. 2003 ZX-12R. Yea, some call it a sports tourer, but I haven't found a 1 liter that's been able to stay up with me yet...

12. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

03 zx636 all black.

Looking for a v-twin, have you considered the Honda Superhawk "vtr1000"
    Excellent bike, one of the best handling bikes out there. If you pipes on it, one of the meanest sounding bikes as well!

13. Welcome to the board bikergirl!

14. That's cause you haven't ventured to the eastside of the state...they import the fast liter bikes over here. :lol:

15. Hey thanks beansbaxter
    I got a PM from you on CycleForums some time back about this forum,
    so thanks :p

16. haha wow, that was from a LONG time ago then. I dont do that anymore.

So how long have ya been riding?

You should try to make it some of the rides, lots have been happening and lots more to come.

17. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

welcome to the board bikergirl.

there aren't really any stock 1 liters that can beat a 12 in a straight line. that 12r is a lot to flip around in the twisties, though.

18. Thanks jafar

I think it's been 4 1/2 years :eek: