close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What happened to this site?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by pilot47, Jun 12, 2019.

1. I haven't been here in a long time but this site seems to be pretty dead. What happened? Where did everybody go?

2. Social media is killing a lot of forums.

3. everyone went to pnwmoto.com after beans sold this site

JohnnyM and Hemlock like this.
  4. pssst ... Forums ARE social media.

Geoff4RFC and MadCADder like this.
  5. OOk

OOk beansbaxter is too lazy to come up with something

Just checkin in. Yup, this place is hilariously dead.

Geoff4RFC likes this.
  6. tis a ghost town, i wonder how much money they're losing/lost on this purchase

7. They're apparently making some money off the adds....
    upload_2019-8-10_21-46-24.png

8. Yep. I haven't been here in a while, but got an email from here. The email was to drum up some traffic. I dropped by to see what was happening. I would agree, it's slow here.

9. Are_Six

Are_Six Moderator Staff Member

Me-thinks it's a combination of a decline in the motorcycle industry generally, and the fact that everybody does most of their social media-ing on facebook. Forum's are such a better tool for actual communication, but if you just want to scroll endlessly through choreographed pictures of your friends having fun, it's easier to accomplish elsewhere...

Whitefire likes this.
  10. What's up bitches?!!!

Monster4570 likes this.
  11. someone remembered her password eh?

12. Haha ~ actually no, I didn't. I had to reset it.
    An old friend who disappeared for a bit didn't know how to contact me. He looked me up here. PNW Riders... when we were known, even in real life, by our forum names. I kinda liked people not being able to peep at me like they can now on FB. Of course I don't give a hoot much anymore since 99% of my FB posts are public.

BTW = miss you Goodwill! :p

Nobody and Are_Six like this.
  13. nothing quite like chatting at a maintenance meetup and saying yup, i'm nakedinseattle...no not related to ken, yes haha i'm clothed now

Whitefire likes this.
  14. Gross.

Ken, not you.

But then again...

I do <3 me some Whitefire, tho!

Whitefire likes this.
  15. Y’all calm
    Down now.......:cool:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Whitefire likes this.
  16. But it's more fun not to. ;)

Whitefire likes this.
  17. Are_Six

Are_Six Moderator Staff Member

It’s still a tiny bit alive... anybody still riding? I only got maybe 1,000 miles this summer, but that’s better than nothing.

18. I did not get many miles in this year either, didn't even do many track days.

19. Every time I logged in to see if anyone was going on a ride all I would see is people selling their stuff ):

20. If anyone wants to ride DM me! It's not to cold yet damn it!