close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's the point

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Beerbohm, Jun 21, 2005.

1. What is the point of doing this to your bike? Its a little funny looking crackup: and does not really seem to have a purpos unless its a "wheelie bar"

[​IMG]

2. Mabey its so he could put a childs seat on the back tire for those famly nights.

3. seems he has way too much time on his hands

4. In the midwest/south, its all about the bliggidy-bling

E

5. I'll bet that baby turns on a dime.....

6. Wonder how many stock Busas there actually are out there. That's the number one custom sportbike by a long shot. Let's see something different already.

7. busa's are just ugly...customization is a must haha

8. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

9. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Yeah I hate those Busas. They piss me off.

10. cordodor

cordodor Retired

it's the busa riders that piss me off... :lol:

11. its actually the bike i think..but the riders make it even worse...so its like a tag-team of fugliness

12. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Yes I am a fugly raging asshole. And speaking of tag teams...

These three words while yer' gettin' busy...

[​IMG]

13. cordodor

cordodor Retired

they're out to GET ya!

Lucky, you know we're playin...

14. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Hehe, yeah, it's all good. I know you love me cordodor. Because I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

I remember when the Hayabusa first came out in '99, and I had only been riding a year. My friend (a veteran rider) looked at it and said "What the hell is that thing, it looks fugly!"

Later he read some article saying that Kawasaki had actually made a high end bike in the early 90's, but they thought the same thing: It would be too ugly to sell, so they didn't release it. Anybody verify this?

I actually think the busa is beautiful though. It's fat, but I don't mind a little cushion for the pushin'.

15. Isnt that the ZX-11? The 11 was the fastest thing out there up to 1998, then the Busa came out in 1999, and the 12R didnt come out until 2000. But the 12 didnt take the top speed trophy until they changed it for 2002 (the 12 only beat the Busa by 2mph).

The Kawi camp did do a LOT of r&d in the 90's though. If you bought a 12R the first year in 2000, all owners received this special limited edition book directly from Kawi. I picked one up on ebay, they still sell on their for ~$50.

The book is made of the highest quality stock photo paper, super crazy pics outlining the very beginning to the very end production run of the 12R. It's like the movie Faster, but it's in book form and the topic is the 12. If you're ever up in Spokane one time, I'll have to show it to ya.

16. man.....first you guys rip on the busa.....which I own.....then you gotta take it back and rip on the 11....which I also own. Talk about tearing up the ol ego :oops:

I was always a kawi man until I got into racing. Suzuki just has more factory support and aftermarket. I raced them, but still wanted Kawi's for my street riding, until they came out with the busa and my wife just fell in love with it. She hated getting shoved around with wind and having to pin it just to keep up with me. So we bought her the busy and she absolutly loves it. It's smooth and cuts through the wind like a knife. And I gotta say I've grown pretty attatched to it with it's tendancy for speed. :lol:

17. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

It seems pretty obvious that it would be the ZX-11, but he was pretty adamant that it wasn't. I thought I remembered reading a similar article, but now of course I can't find anything on it. I'll keep looking.

That book sounds cool! I will have to check it out when I get to headin' up that way!

18. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

I don't hate the 'Busa, I just think the one in the pic at the beginning of the thread is FUGLY. I've always liked them since they came out. They're a little over the top, but that's sort of the point with a near-200mph motorcycle, isn't it? I saw a really nice one down at Alki last summer, the blue/white paint scheme, it had the dual exhausts to match the color (either micron or leo vince, can't remember for sure), fading from blue to silver/white towards the back, it looked cool as hell. It's one of those bikes that I've always wanted ride, just to see what it's really like.