close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where did you place your sticker for 405 HOT lanes?

Discussion in 'Westside' started by AStar, Sep 8, 2016.

1. (I know, it's bullshit and the majority of you haven't bothered. Personally I'm sucking it up since I don't want to deal with a traffic cam ticket if it actually happened. Sure I could have it thrown out but I'm not wasting my fucking time over a sticker...)

I had the sticker horizontally on my windscreen (but got a new one and a replacement sticker). Not going to do that again it looks retarded. Any suggestion on where to put it (so that it actually reads)? Will it work if it's vertical? Pic/link below of the front of a Daytona 675 for reference.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. I put mine in the middle of the headlight as per the instructions. If you have double headlights, I think the windshield will work. You can swing by a good to go office and have them test it if you're not sure....

3. That's what I'm really hoping to avoid.
    Good to know thanks!

4. I have an 05 R6 so headlights are just like yours. My sticker is on the bottom side of the right headlight (brake handle side) this is my highbeam side as I didn't want it affecting my lowbeam and didn't want damage to my windscreen.
    I got dinged once by the cameras right when tolling started but that is probably just because their system was very broken. I have not gotten any toll bills since then.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  5. Sadly on my 2014 Interceptor (two separate lights as well) the best place I could come up with is smack in the middle of the windscreen near the bottom. I can't actually see that portion while I'm riding and it is at least symmetrical so although I wish there was a better option it works.

6. I have an 08 R6s, dark smoke windscreen. It's on the inside of the windscreen, down in the bottom behind the dash cluster. And, it works. Narrows toll bridge picked it up and read it so far. No point in me taking a picture to show you, you can't see it until there is direct sunlight, and even still, it doesn't really stick out.

7. The nice WSDOT lady told me the best place is on top of your helmet. Looks like ass, but always works and you can ride any bike. She says they have a lot of issues with putting them on the head light. Windscreen is better, helmets are best. But I'd think any place on the bike where the overhead sensors can get a good look at it works. Mine's low on windshield, pretty unobtrusive. No big deal.

8. I was under the impression though that if the transponder didn't read, it'll read your plate and check if there's an account associated with it. If you're not in the bike registered to the account, then they send you a higher bill.

9. Yes, but they don't require an account for bikes.

10. Pass is located at the top of headlight on left side. It is not connected to an account but it reads fine because I don't get any tolls

Attached Files:

11. I called them up & they said it would be Ok to put it on the lower center part of my windscreen, been running it their since they implemented the BS & have had no issues

12. I have put the stickers almost everywhere. I still have to contest the tolls whenever I use the toll lanes. I am so tired of the bureaucratic baloney that I choose to use the free lanes. What a terrible travesty this became when we are charged to use our own property.