close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where to find motors at?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Skier, Jun 28, 2005.

1. For a somewhat-secret project, I require a Suzuki GSX600R or 750R motor, with tranny and most if not all the electrical goodies. Any idea on where to find one? Ebay ones are all kind of shady and I'm not too enthused about paying that kind of shipping.

2. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

While in Boise I saw a shop that was a junk yard for bikes...

3. I LOVE THOSE!!! :twisted:

4. Just take Leif's bike and gut the engine out.

5. Tempting, beans!

Looks like this part of the project is on hold indefinetly, though. Ah well, she'll still surprise you guys in a couple weeks, I hope.

6. You might want to call wrecking yards or your local bike shops for ideas on how to find a wrecked bike.. wrecking yards might be able to set you up as they often have computer access to other yards. You might have to buy the whole thing and then you can ebay the extra parts! :salute:

7. Ive had really good luck getting stuff from Safari Cycle down in El cajon I think it is. They have a TON of stuff that passes through there, so its a good breaker to call. FYI, that particular motor is VERY popular for the HI4/MINI4 circletrack cars because they are simple, easy to build, and produce good HP #s, so the prices are a little higher. As always, find a wrecked tuna, and your golden.

E