close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where's the ammo?

Discussion in 'Sports/Recreation' started by nuK, Feb 14, 2009.

1. It's bad out there. I'm certainly doing my part to escalate ammo and reloading prices, but when the shelves are bare, whatcha gonna do?

Primers, bullets, and brass are basically non existent and/or pricey.

I did score a case of ammo for the Beowulf today from the east coast at only a $4 raise over prices in 2006 when I last ordered from the same vendor.

It seems .44 mag brass does not exist on this continent.

Cabelas came through with 300 rounds of Starline in S&W 500 so some days are unexpectedly good. I'll reload for $.90/round instead of paying $58/20 for Hornady XTP.

.223 18 months ago was 150/1000rds, and now IF you can find it it's beyond $425/1000rds. And if you want AP, cheaper than dirt is advertising $900/1000.

The best buys on Federal .22 and 12/20 guage are at your local WalMart. Good cheap ammo for plinking and clay targets.

2. try www.surplusammo.com

They're down by Ft. Lewis behind Tactical Tailor. It's james from the gun shows. Good prices.....if any can be considered good anymore. I bought some BVAC cases from him two weeks ago.

3. i got 1000 rounds from cabelas for $400 about a week and a half ago for my .223, you still save 150-200 buying it that way than by the 50

4. yeah i've been trying to get some .357 sig rounds and no one has any.

5. .357 Sig is becoming harder and harder to find. I bought 500rnds at the last gun show I went to but I'm starting to look into getting the .40 barrel for my 229 because its that much cheaper.

6. funny you say that because i was going to just that for just that gun. let me know if you find a good price on the barrel

7. I love my ammo. :mrgreen:

8. raephell - looks like $200 is the average price I'm seeing. Not too bad all things considered.

9. Just picked up some .357 magnum rounds over the weekend :)
    Big 5's shelves have been bare for weeks now but Discount Guns has plenty (even .357 Sig). They even had a special on cases of .223 but I wasn't looking to spend that kind of cash just yet.

10. Yakima dosent really have a shortage anymore, I have purchased thousands of primers, powder is everywhere. as are most rounds only 7.62x39 and .223 are still somewhat hard to find. If your hurting for rounds and you can ride to Naches over 410 or 12 take a ride to the ACE HARDWARE of all places, their pretty loded espicially for pistol primers and rifle reloading stuff aswell as factory catridiges:mfclap:

11. Poseidon

Poseidon Guest

Just my observation, prices are coming down as inventory is starting to stay on shelves.

P-

12. 9mm, 357SW, 38SP, 40 And 45 auto and non exsisten here, along with all hi power rounds as well as .22 rimfire rounds.. SHotgun shells are a dime a dozen tho.. I made the mistake of shooting all my 357 .38 and 40 over the last weekend.. If anyone has any 38 and needs 9mm id be willing to trade equal amounts.. I have about 60 rounds of 9mm id be willing to trade for some .38's..

13. Gusgus

Gusgus Thaumaturgist

they are restocking then, goooood!

14. Gusgus

Gusgus Thaumaturgist

where in Mill plains area is a good place for gun goods?

15. I just bought 2000 rounds of 9mm target ammo and 2000 rounds of Speer Gold Dot +P. If anyone is looking for Gold Dot I can be convinced to part with it.

16. Just scored 400 rounds of .38 special and 400 rounds of 9mm at Walmart in Mcminnville.. Now All I need is 22L... Can you belive that?

17. Where is all the .380? I can't find that shit anywhere!

Plenty of 9mm and .38 so I have something to carry but I still need some.;)

18. I sold my Glock 23 so if anyone needs .40, let me know. I have a couple hundred rounds I don't need anymore. PM me if interested.

19. it is still bad. two weekends ago went on the hunt for ammo. found 45 which was amazing! took 4 stores to find any .44 rem mag and the only .22lr we found was match ammo. at $8 for 25 rnds of .22lr we said :thefinge:

20. Down here it's bare also. Funny, Big 5 is the only place I have found with a steady supply. I walk in every 2 weeks and get either a box of 9mm or .45.